X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

Originally posted by Thor
    Does anyone think that we'll see the Wasp and Giantman next movie?
    I would want cameos of their alter-egos before appearing in costume. Make Jan and Hank S.H.I.E.L.D. scientists first, then hint at them becoming heroes. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we get a close-up of an ant when Fury was with a dying Coulson? I think I heard other nerds begin whispering among themselves when that happened. That shot has to be intentional, otherwise it's just a random shot of a bug on a wall that has no relevance to the story.
    Last edited by Operation:Mego; May 7, '12, 8:56 PM.
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

I certainly HOPE we see Hank and Janet pop up in THE AVENGERS sequel, otherwise, there can never be an Ultron (I would hate to see Ultron become another piece of Stark tech gone awry or something else imported from Asgard). And if you have no Ultron, ultimately, you'll never have a Vision, which would be a shame.

I'd also like to see the Black Panther show up and he could easily be integrated into the story by intro'ing him in either IM3 or CA2. I believe both of them have close ties with T'Challa in the books (or they used to anyway). I could easily see T'Challa working closely with Tony Stark in regard to some vibranium project or working with Steve Rogers since his shield is made from vibranium....
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

TV Updates | /Film

Updates on The Avengers 2 (a new team!!), the Dr. Strange movie, and Hulk T.V. Show.
        sigpic

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

I don't mind a new team as long as the core characters remain Cap, Iron Man and Thor. I'm really surprised that Fury, Widow and Hawkeye haven't been announced for some kind of SHIELD or Secret Avengers spinoff already. They can take those three core characters, along with Maria Hill, on Mission Impossible type adventures into the Marvel U while introducing other marvel characters they bring in for special ops. That might even be a way to reboot Punisher.
          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by WannabeMego
            Did anyone hear Pepper Potts mention something about a Chalice to Agent Coulson as they were walking towards the elevator...? The laughter got in the way of some of the dialogue at times and it made it very difficult to hear some of the lines.
            I am pretty sure it was something about him dating a "cellist". I didn't catch the exact line myself. But when Coulston bites is, someone asks if he was married... and Stark kind of absent-mindedly repeats "no. I think he was dating a cellist" based on that conversation with Pepper.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^Yep, that was it. I made sure to listen carefully in that part for my second viewing.

TV Updates | /Film

Updates on The Avengers 2 (a new team!!), the Dr. Strange movie, and Hulk T.V. Show.
              That was last year's plan. The incredible response to this team of characters may change it a bit. I'd like to see these characters return, with maybe two new members. Not sure about an offshoot film with Fury, Widow and Hawkeye. I'd hate to water down the franchise too much. But who knows, Marvel Studios has really pulled this off, so I trust them.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Brue
                User without title
                • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                I certainly HOPE we see Hank and Janet pop up in THE AVENGERS sequel, otherwise, there can never be an Ultron (I would hate to see Ultron become another piece of Stark tech gone awry or something else imported from Asgard). And if you have no Ultron, ultimately, you'll never have a Vision, which would be a shame.
                AGREED - With the pair rounding out he original avengers and being mainstays they are a must. I could see them doing the pair without fully idoctrinating them. Agents of sheild, scientists, sideline help to avengers or something would suffice for #2. And "another piece of stasrk tech" would also annoy me.

on Panther - I like him but I don't care to see him over others and I could see them going with him

they could skip to scarlet witch / vision while providing some backstory during the film

Comment

• Brue
                  User without title
                  • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by samurainoir
                  I... That might even be a way to reboot Punisher.

Again? Didn't he already get 3 strikes?

Comment

• johnmiic
                    Adrift
                    • Sep 6, 2002

If Marvel changes the line-up for Avengers 2 I think they'll just be shooting themselves in the foot. You have to keep this line-up for 1 more film and add more members then you can see if the franchise will fly without Cap, Iron Man and Thor.
                    Last edited by johnmiic; May 8, '12, 9:25 PM.

Comment

• WannabeMego
                      Made in the USA
                      • May 2, 2003

...so...

IF Pym is to appear in Avengers 2 along with Jane, do you think he'll be the Ant-Man, Giant-Man, Goliath, or the Yellow Jacket...?

I would think Giant-Man and/or Goliath would be a better fit then the original Ant-Man because you'll already have the Wasp as a 'smaller' character and they would need something BIG to replace Thor & The Hulk.

Giant-Man would be better cause he could shrink to the size of an Ant and then soar to the heights of a building.

I know...it's all wishful thinking...but...if anyone from Marvel is reading this...we got tons of ideas for you folks...We're the 99%
                      Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• StrangeVisitor
                        Career Member
                        • May 13, 2007

Does B.Widow use her "sting" in the big battle? In the "preparing for battle montage" there's a shot of her charging up what seems to be her stinger/wrist things but I only recall her shooting the Chitauri w/ pistols.

Comment

• samurainoir
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by WannabeMego
                          ...so...

IF Pym is to appear in Avengers 2 along with Jane, do you think he'll be the Ant-Man, Giant-Man, Goliath, or the Yellow Jacket...?

I would think Giant-Man and/or Goliath would be a better fit then the original Ant-Man because you'll already have the Wasp as a 'smaller' character and they would need something BIG to replace Thor & The Hulk.

Giant-Man would be better cause he could shrink to the size of an Ant and then soar to the heights of a building.

I know...it's all wishful thinking...but...if anyone from Marvel is reading this...we got tons of ideas for you folks...We're the 99%
                          Your absolutely right. With so much of the Avengers based on the Ultimates, I think if we do see Pym, it's as Giant Man. That would bring in Ultron and vision.

I think the question around Scarlet Witch would be the fact that she debuted in x-men despite being an Avengers mainstay... Does this place her film version rights with Fox ( as with the skrulls belong to with the Fantastic four film rights?). Does this mean Black Panther also Potentally belongs to the FF movie universe?

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Originally posted by StrangeVisitor
                            Does B.Widow use her "sting" in the big battle? In the "preparing for battle montage" there's a shot of her charging up what seems to be her stinger/wrist things but I only recall her shooting the Chitauri w/ pistols.
                            Several times throughout the finale battle, she uses them, shocking the enemies. There was also a scene during the T.V. Spot or trailer of her using her widow stings (those round disks that she used during the IM2 near finale battle) which wasn't in the film. Extended cut Mr. Whedon?
                            sigpic

Comment

• samurainoir
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Dec 26, 2006

Whedon speaks about Thanos
                              [SPOILERS]"He for me is the most powerful and fascinating Marvel villain," Whedon told /Film. "He's the great grand daddy of the badasses and he's in love with death and I just think that's so cute. For me, the greatest Avengers was 'The Avengers' annual that Jim Starlin did followed by 'The Thing 2 in 1' that contained the death of Adam Warlock. Those were some of the most important texts and I think underrated milestones in Marvel history and Thanos is all over that, so somebody had to be in control and had to be behind Loki's work and I was like 'It's got to be Thanos.' And they said 'Okay' and I'm like 'Oh my God!'"[/SPOILERS]

AVENGERS ANNUAL 7 JIM STARLIN WARLOCK / THANOS NM-9.2 | eBay
                              Avengers Annual 7 NM Jim Starlin Thanos CBX3 | eBay

Comment

• nobody
                                banjo!
                                • Jan 26, 2012

As I said in a previous thread, my favorite Thanos story. My wife doesn't like to watch cartoons, but I saw Adam Warlock for a second in the new avengers cartoon. Was Thanos in it?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎