Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what did you think of the new Ultimate Spider-Man toon?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

Steve Blum will return to voice him!!
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Why I Hate The Gym - My review

I can honestly, no complaints! Taskmaster was a bad-***, with a great VA to back him up (Clancy Brown makes him sound threatening and cool. "You're gonna have to pay for those, remember?"), I am hopeful that with that ending, he'll make another appearance, just as awesome (Seriously, best Taskmaster ever).

The humor was also top-notch, will Spider-Man saying that all gym teachers aren’t all evil taskmaster’s, the “amazing spider-man” phrase I laughed at (and that was before Stan decided to write it down “That could really be something”), as well as Spidey picturing what is would be like to be Taskmaster’s helper (*Belch!* “Pick that up!”) and even Flash too. And poor Coulson with his short underwear. “I swim, okay?”

Next week’s episode seems to be just as good, with a Cloverfield-style Hulk story (Poor Spidey can’t do anything against Hulk, and then gets back-handed). Overall, good action, funny humor, and spectacular writing makes ‘Why I Hate The Gym’ (when Peter said the episode title, I got a kick out of it) the best episode yet, with more great episodes to come!

Edit: It seems that in a later episode, we'll get another reference to the Spider-Man lore (Spidey is holding a guy while web-swinging) and we'll get an appearance by frog-Thor. Also, Venom returns as Harry !
      Last edited by Operation:Mego; Jun 17, '12, 1:43 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

The Avengers cartoon's version of Luke Cage and Iron Fist was better than theirs.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Freaky was funny. Blum was great as always, as was whoever voiced Sabretooth. I was a little bit worried about this episode, but besides a few cringes, this was actually pretty good. Loved how Wolverine just stole the jet at the end, thought that was pretty funny. It was hilarious to see how he would re-act in Pete's body, all though some of the grunting was over-done. Still, having him kick Flash's ***** was perfect.

And anyone else think One Life to Web was hilarious? "And Dr. Doom as Dr. Brett."
          sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

Not bad. Once you accept that the fourth wall breaking and somewhat zany humour is irrevocably woven into the fabric of this particular take on Spidey, and prepare yourself for that tone throughout, it becomes pretty entertaining.

But it's certainly not the best Spider-Man cartoon.
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• VintageMike
              Permanent Member
              • Dec 16, 2004

Caught a couple of episodes yesterday, and while it had it's moments, to me it was a huge step down from the previous "Spectacular Spider-Man" toon.

Comment

• Jordiway
                Museum Super Collector
                • Aug 17, 2007

Originally posted by VintageMike
                Caught a couple of episodes yesterday, and while it had it's moments, to me it was a huge step down from the previous "Spectacular Spider-Man" toon.
                I couldnt agree more even my kids like that one way better

Comment

• nobody
                  banjo!
                  • Jan 26, 2012

Now that we have video, can someone post a you tube of an episode to check out? I haven't seen it.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎