X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

The Avengers - Close-up alien headshot - No spoilers, just speculation

Avengers Aliens: What If Beta Ray Bill Mated With The Badoons And Dressed His Offspring Like Thanos? | ComicBook.com

Brazilian Avengers TV Spot Gives Best Look Yet At Aliens | ComicBook.com

The Avengers: Doesn't That Look Like...? | ComicBook.com

Several opinions include: Thanos, Beta-Ray Bill, etc. I have no idea who they could possibly be......they look extremely bad-*** though!

Edit: Head Count T.V. Spot:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLZc1...eature=related

All kinds of awesome!
    Last edited by Operation:Mego; Apr 1, '12, 1:33 AM.
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

just looks like some sort of Asgardian skeletal monster/warrior from Loki's army.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• david_b
      Never had enough toys..
      • May 9, 2008

Looks pretty awesome..

Please, let the 'villains' just be 'villains'.., no psychoanalyzing them, etc..
      Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• Random Axe
        The Voice of Reason
        • Apr 16, 2008

THis looks to me like a random design not really emulating any race in particular. Kinda looks like a cave troll from LOTR. THe helmet might suggest Thanos, which would be awesome. Otherwise I think these are just a generic race created specifically for the film.
        I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• LadyZod
          Superman's Gal Pal
          • Jan 27, 2007

Loki is the God of Lies.

Joss Wheadon, the Master of Misdirection.

Loki's army might not be what they appear.

We know by the interviews that they are an established alien race in the Marvel Universe.

But the screenshots do not conform to anything any comicgeek has been able to ferret out.

This leaves 2 options:

The army shown in the trailer is disguised by Loki to appear to be something else only to be revealed in the ultimate A-HA! moment... or the Aliens in the trailer appear no where in the film.

Heck, remember the first Iron Man trailer? None of that footage was in the movie. It was shot specifically FOR the trailer. So there is some precedence...

I personally think they are Beta Ray Bill's people being manipulated by Loki and that by the end, we'll see Beta Ray Bill himself either lift the hammer, or tease it for Thor 2.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
          Check out my art:
          Art Portfolio@Redbubble
          Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• Operation:Mego
            I'm the Star Spangled Man
            • May 21, 2011

Originally posted by LadyZod
            Loki is the God of Lies.

Joss Wheadon, the Master of Misdirection.

Loki's army might not be what they appear.

We know by the interviews that they are an established alien race in the Marvel Universe.

But the screenshots do not conform to anything any comicgeek has been able to ferret out.

This leaves 2 options:

The army shown in the trailer is disguised by Loki to appear to be something else only to be revealed in the ultimate A-HA! moment... or the Aliens in the trailer appear no where in the film.

Heck, remember the first Iron Man trailer? None of that footage was in the movie. It was shot specifically FOR the trailer. So there is some precedence...

I personally think they are Beta Ray Bill's people being manipulated by Loki and that by the end, we'll see Beta Ray Bill himself either lift the hammer, or tease it for Thor 2.
            I do not remember that at all. It sounds interesting. Do you think you could send it to me? And I also think that Beta Ray Bill might be a possibility. I keep going between him and Thanos. Or, yes, I'm saying it despite Whedon's nay-saying, the Kree (Nolan lied his *** off for BB, why can't Whedon lie?)! Marvel is doing a good job if keeping 'Mum' on the secret. Seeing how it's only one month away though, I don't mind the wait.
            Last edited by Operation:Mego; Apr 5, '12, 9:27 PM.
            sigpic
            The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

Lady Zod makes some good points... Whedon's gift of misdirection was always the fun in Buffy and Firefly, and it's n full display in his new movie Cabin in the Woods.

I would love to see Beta Ray Bill set up for Thor 2.

Lots of speculation as well about Red Skull somehow popping out of the wormhole at some point given that he fell into the "world tree". I have no doubt that Avengers will be setting up the next two summers worth of sequels... Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 are first in the pipeline aren't they? Followed by Captain America 2? Then they would reconvene for Avengers 2
              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• clemso
                Talkative Member
                • Aug 8, 2001

I would say the Badoons look the closest fit.

Comment

• rche
                  channeling Bob Wills
                  • Mar 26, 2008

A Beta Ray Bill storyline would be awesome!!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎