X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Avengers catches up with X-Men

There are now officially going to be 12 comics with "Avengers" in the title. Tying with X-Men, who also have 12 comics with "X-Men" in the title.

Avengers vs X-Men indeed. Although the Mutants might still have the advantage with their "X" branding... with titles like X-Force and X-Club as well.

Anyone following AvX?
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • Riffster
    Atomic batteries to power
    • Jun 29, 2008

amazing.. whoever wins after Marvel reboots thier universe they need to cut the titles
    Looking for Infinite Heroes Robin and Catwoman
    And Super Powers Batman

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

What's most telling about the lead up to the Avengers movie, you have a low mid-list title like Thunderbolts changing it's name to Dark Avengers once again. Why they continued Thunderbolts and not the original Dark Avengers branded title, which was a top ten book under Bendis and Deodato, is baffling.

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

Too much X-Men and too much Avengers...in fact, too many titles featuring Wolverine, Spider-Man, The Hulk (and assorted Hulks), Superman (and family), Batman (and family)....Ugh!
        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by samurainoir
          What's most telling about the lead up to the Avengers movie, you have a low mid-list title like Thunderbolts changing it's name to Dark Avengers once again. Why they continued Thunderbolts and not the original Dark Avengers branded title, which was a top ten book under Bendis and Deodato, is baffling.
          DC did the same thing...rebranding what is essentially a new version of Shadowpact/Sentinels of Justice as "Justice League Dark". What's next? Ambush Bug, The Creeper, Bwah-ha-ha era Blue Beetle and Booster Gold, 'Mazing Man, Bat-Mite, Gleek and Sugar & Spike as "Justice League Light"?
          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by The Toyroom
            Too much X-Men and too much Avengers...in fact, too many titles featuring Wolverine, Spider-Man, The Hulk (and assorted Hulks), Superman (and family), Batman (and family)....Ugh!
            You've pretty much named off anything that makes money for the big two (mostly from licensing)... everything else is the bottom of the mid-list. It's unfortunate, but a hundred Batman and Avengers titles subsidizes all the other characters you want to see instead. Just the reality of how they count the beans these days.

If there was any demand for a Hawkman or Atom titles, we'd be seeing a dozen of them as well. And pajamas and lunchboxes to boot.

At the very least, we've got Hawkeye and Black Widow being elevated to the big time for the duration of this campaign. It will be interesting to see where the characters go from here.
            Last edited by samurainoir; Mar 16, '12, 1:15 PM.

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by The Toyroom
              DC did the same thing...rebranding what is essentially a new version of Shadowpact/Sentinels of Justice as "Justice League Dark". What's next? Ambush Bug, The Creeper, Bwah-ha-ha era Blue Beetle and Booster Gold, 'Mazing Man, Bat-Mite, Gleek and Sugar & Spike as "Justice League Light"?
              Just bring back Justice League Antarctica and they'll have the same thing. On second thought,they should do us a favor and not.

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

^^^
                You guys have hearts of coal. Justice League Light/Antarctica would be awesome. Give it to our buddy Art B and it would totally rock.

At the very least I have my final episode of Brave and Bold to cry myself to sleep at night.

Batman Brave & Bold BATMAN & BATMITE PROFESSIONALLY FRAMED & MATTED PRINT | eBay

Comment

• Cosmicman
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 12, 2005

I stopped collecting X-Men after they started adding about 4 or 5 titles to the X-Men franchise. It seems like the Avengers are heading this way.
                  Not only am I done with DC because of the reboot thing, I maybe on my way out of some of my Marvel stuff also.
                  More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                    OH JES!!
                    • Jul 21, 2005

OVERKILL.......Once Upon a time there was only a need for ONE great Avengers book...everything else has been watered down garbage....

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎