Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance - Reviews: The Fans and The Critics (Spoiler free)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance - Reviews: The Fans and The Critics (Spoiler free)

With a $57 million budget it has made only $22 million worldwide so far. For an opening weekend "it's not that impressive".

Bad:
    ANutshellReview: I was really disappointed. I wish I could get those 95 minutes of my life back, but then I might have to sell my soul to the devil. Some films are so bad that they're fun to watch, but this one is so bad it actually hurts and insults your intelligence. Do yourselves a favour and skip it. Half a star.
    A Nutshell Review: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 3D - Probably Singapore's #1 Movie Review Blog

2/10 Finally,...... they made sure to have lots of people talking with odd accents to help make sure the mumbled dialog was harder to understand.

2/10 We were hoping for much more than what we got. Unfortunately, if you want cheesy, amateur acting, horrible direction, b grade action, d grade storyline and plot, you came to the right place.

Youtube reviewer Jeremy Jahns called it a “piece of ****”, wondering what the hell Idris Elba is even doing in this film, saying he's better than this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeeOZdxJVp4

(Good):
    6/10 A sequel to the immensely entertaining 2007 box-office hit Ghost Rider, 'Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance' turns out to be a fairly decent sequel, that has terrific action-sequences & brilliant 3D effects working on its advantage. But, 'Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance' is Strictly Popcorn Entertainment!

10/10 The action never stops, but - here - there is also a story being told and all the action fits into that story.

10/10 This movie is visually interesting.

10/10 Ghost Rider must be cool/badass/awesome/etc. And in this movie... he is. Sometimes the henchmen are standing around, with their jaws drooping, wondering 'What the ****?' And that's what I was hoping to see.

10/10 Nicholas Cage is fun. And it looks like he is having fun. Cage eats scenery and blows everyone (except Idris Elba) off the screen. There are a couple of scenes that are a hoot. And you just want to watch them over and over. Great fun. Plus: it's funny. Cheeky funny.

IGN: If you want to see non-stop action of Ghost Rider completely balls-out, bat-**** insane....this movie is for you. 4/5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDYP7zIQImw

So it seems like the fans and critics have different opinions (like that's any different). But what do you think? vs
    I'm going to try to see tomorrow or later in the week (along with another certain movie. )
    Last edited by Operation:Mego; Feb 20, '12, 2:04 AM.
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.
  • MEMEGO
    Career Member
    • Sep 6, 2007

I hate 3D bothers my eyes. I will wait till it comes out on dvd or tv. seems like spanish tv shows new movies within a few months to a yr of being released and way beore they hit the other free chanels.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

$22 million domestically...it has not been released overseas yet.

You know...it's really not that bad of a number...$22 million domestic opening weekend for a $57 million dollar budget film...it will get it's money back...and then some.

But I refuse to see it in 3D...god I hate 3D...lol.

Once it goes down...and it's moved to 2D...then I might go check it out.
      sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
        $22 million domestically...it has not been released overseas yet.You know...it's really not that bad of a number...$22 million domestic opening weekend for a $57 million dollar budget film...it will get it's money back...and then some.

But I refuse to see it in 3D...god I hate 3D...lol.

Once it goes down...and it's moved to 2D...then I might go check it out.
        I didn't know that...then that article I read is bull-****. Glad it's removed now.

Same here, I prefer 2-D anytime (the exception will be the Star Wars films. ).
        sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Edit: Just added some links to certain reviews.
          sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

The movie was released in the UK last Friday (17th Feb.)... I'm going to check it out today and see if it's better or worse than the first one.
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

I saw it Friday in 2D and liked it. Not as much as the first one though. It had a totally different feel to it, and was really more of a reboot IMO than a sequel.

There were flashbacks to JB's deal which was totally different from the first film.

Comment

• Riffster
                Atomic batteries to power
                • Jun 29, 2008

I really hope it's not 90 minutes of cracks about how his head is on fire.. I had enough of that in the first one
                Looking for Infinite Heroes Robin and Catwoman
                And Super Powers Batman

Comment

• RickD
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 31, 2011

Was one of the worst movies i've ever seen!!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                    HULK SMASH!
                    • Apr 3, 2010

Overall, it's slightly darker in tone than the first movie, with less humour.

The action set pieces are cool, but Ghost Rider himself just doesn't get enough screen time.

Good FX, but questionable story choice, and I still think Nicolas Cage is miscast as Johnny Blaze.
                    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

When it showed GR taking a leak in the trailer that was a hint and a half for me to stay away.

Comment

• boynightwing
                        That Carl Guy
                        • Apr 24, 2002

There is this creepy guy at my work who loves every movie and tv show he's ever seen no matter how awful it is. He has no powers of discrimination what-so-ever when it comes to entertainment. I asked him how this movie was expecting to hear him say how much he liked it. Instead, I got a pause as he searched for the words then he told me it wasn't what he was hoping for. That's all the confirmation I need to not go see this.

Comment

• Wee67
                          Museum Correspondent
                          • Apr 2, 2002

Just plain bad.

It flashed moments of B-grade goodness, but it just couldn't embrace it's own campy potential. And yes, flaming whiz off a trailer pretty much sums up the film.
                          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎