X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

Mark Waid's Daredevil

I've read some good thing about this and am curious if anyone is really liking this? I see the vol. 1 trade is available, so I was thinking of pulling that trigger. The artwork seems pretty awesome too. I generally like everything Waid does, so I'm hoping this continues that trend. Thoughts?
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

It's a much better read than other Daredevil stuff of recent memory...
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

Get it. Very refreshing to see DD back in superhero action without necessarily giving up his street cred. Whereas the past decade as been prime time cable drama, Waid as found the right balance with a cape book with colorful Big Bads. When was the last time we got to see him fight Someone like klaw? Also some really neat stuff going on with the art in terms of interpreting How Matt/DD exeriences the world.

Last edited by samurainoir; Feb 19, '12, 4:22 PM.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

Also nice to see Matt smile, and Waid does not negate r retcon anything that has come previous... He's still dealing with being outed as DD

Last edited by samurainoir; Feb 19, '12, 4:22 PM.

Comment

• Random Axe
          The Voice of Reason
          • Apr 16, 2008

Thanks Ed and Anthony. Trigger pulled...

Comment

• madmarva
            Talkative Member
            • Jul 7, 2007

It's the best super hero book out right now, imo. It reminds me of Spider-Man when Stan was in the groove— just the right mix of super-hero action and secret identity backstory. It's almost a lost art today.

I really wonder what would happen if DC would do a Superman or Batman title with this type of feel. I think it would shoot up or off the charts.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

The fact that DC let Waid walk away is just nuts. The man lives and breathes those characters. Glad to see DD get some of his love though.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

^^^
                particularly after such a big win as 52 was. I've been meaning to check out his Boom Incoruptible and Irrideamable. Has any one read these?

Last edited by samurainoir; Feb 19, '12, 7:36 PM.

Comment

• Random Axe
                  The Voice of Reason
                  • Apr 16, 2008

Irredeemable is a great concept and is written perfectly. However, it should not have lasted more than 8-10 issues. It's hard to maintain that story longer than that without damaging the structural story integrity. Not familiar with the other title except it's a story about a super villain turned good. I shoudl check that out too.

Comment

• madmarva
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jul 7, 2007

I read the first five or so issue of Irredeemable and while it was solid, it started a little slow and read a bit like an Elseworlds story with Superman going bad and creaming the Justice League and dominating the Earth. The art was fine. Had a bit of Curt Swan flavor. Waid's a fine writer and I'm sure it's got redeemable qualities, but that's not the type of story I want to follow.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I'm enjoying Waid's DD a lot, both in art & tone/writing, after reading a referral here.

I'm hoping for some classic villains, particularly my favorite DD foe, the ominous Owl.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎