Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingdom warrior
    OH JES!!
    • Jul 21, 2005

Oh by the way Totally agree on Xombi......that book was fabulous and so unnoticed

Dwayne McDuffie was a great guy I met him back in the early 90's and often saw him at conventions where he always found time to talk to me. he went through my portfolio and gave me great advice.......
    Last edited by kingdom warrior; Jan 25, '12, 8:36 PM.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
      OH JES!!
      • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by samurainoir
      I'm probably the furthest from a Liefeld fan (I was reading mostly Vertigo bac then), but it's hard to argue with success. He's sold millions of comics, created Cable, Deadpool and X-Force (which Marvel continues to milk), made millions of dollars doing what he loves... drawing comics, and that's just the top of the list.

A track record like that, no matter how many failures since, opens doors and creates opportunities... even two decades away from the epicentre of that lightning in a bottle (which arguably struck twice... at Marvel and Image).

By comparison, we're just a bunch of fellas kvetching on a toy board, mostly named Jack (to reference Shatner's Has Been).

Listening to the word balloon podcast interview with him, you really can't doubt his earnestness and sincerity about the medium. I was fairly surprised to hear that level enthusiasm, given that Liefeld is generally off my radar and I tuned in while waiting for the Rucka interview to start.
      Word Balloon The Comic Book Interview Podcast: Rob Liefeld Speaks Out and The Rucka Debrief Part 2
      I don't question his enthusiasm anyone who does comics has the same passion.....

I question his abilities, he still draws in that crappy itchy scratchy style
      Jack Kirby as he got older got better not worse....his art from the 70's was superior to his art from the 40's and only because of his vision his skills faded a bit.......

It doesn't kill the artist to continue taking anatomy lessons and continue working at his craft,any artist with passion does that. I still do to this day....he seems settled in staying in that style and not evolving......

Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't settle for what I once was or once had. He sold millions based on hype and trends not on skills.....

By comparison, we're just a bunch of fellas kvetching on a toy board, mostly named Jack (to reference Shatner's Has Been).

I'd rather be joe nobody than have his BS fame, when people speak his name it's with disgust and comparing him to a hack.....as a comic pro he should be embarrassed by that.....
      Last edited by kingdom warrior; Jan 25, '12, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎