X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

I love a good bargain...

I don't know if any of you fine folks have Half-Price Bookstores nearby, but they can be a good treasure trove sometimes.

Case in point: As you may have gathered from my screen moniker, I'm a big GL fan and I loved the whole Blackest Night mini-series. I have all eight issue, mint, bagged, boarded and sealed and I have the hardcover compilation that DC released a couple of months after the mini ended, also bagged and sealed. I was scrounging through the comics clearance boxes at Half Price yesterday afternoon and came across all eight issues (in almost minty shape, no less) for a quarter a piece, so I snatched them up! I paid two buck for all eight!! Less than the cover price of a single issue! Plus now, I can pull them out and read them and re-read them repeatedly without having to worry about unsealing MY minty ones or my hardback, so I'm happy!

I also came across an older issue of GL i've been looking for for a couple years, had found at a LCS for a farily hefty price, and paid----$1.00 for it. One buck! Same thing for a back issue of Romita Spidey I had been missing and a couple of back issues of The Warlord.

Bargains are goooooood!!!

sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Yep. Half-Price is often a chest full of treasures, if you know where to look.

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

Love Half Price Bookstores... Haven't been in one in a few years (since they are only US). Didn't realize that they started selling comics. The two in Michigan I used to frequent went out of business.

Some great treasure hunting there though... I picked up a bunch of Batman Masterpiece box sets with a 1st appearance figure (Hasbro 9" body), detective 27 replica and hardcover book.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎