X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

The legend ends

I'm suspecting this will be a lot like Fank Miller's first issue of the dark knight returns with Bane standing in for the mutant leader.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Don't know how it's the end. Rumor has it Nolan has changed his mind and plans on doing at least two more Batman movies.

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by jwyblejr
      Don't know how it's the end. Rumor has it Nolan has changed his mind and plans on doing at least two more Batman movies.
      The official press release was that Nolan will stay on as executive producer of any future Batman movies, but he doesn't plan to direct. They're also calling the next movies a "re-boot".
      sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Now that is a teaser poster. Nolan may pull in elements of DK Returns, like he did with Batman: Year One, but will weave them into his own story.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

Finally a movie poster that gets me at least a little excited about this installment. The whole buildingscape thing wasn't doing much for me, but this, at least, is cool and not the usual Hollywood movie super-hero poster. I like it better than the AVENGERS posters and waaaaay better than that P.O.S. SPIDER-MAN poster with the amazingly large-headed Andrew Garfield (and his head STILL looks large, even in that poster!). Kudos to the art department on this one!
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
            70's Era Pimp
            • Sep 7, 2011

That is one heck of a teaser poster!

Comment

• Figuremod73
              That 80's guy
              • Jul 27, 2011

I agree thats a great teaser. I hope the film becomes the best in the series. A little DKR would do it some good. I hope the "reboot" is like some are wanting and set in the late 1930's. New cast with no big names and just gets down to business. (Can wish cant I?)

Comment

• BlackKnight
                The DarkSide Customizer
                • Apr 16, 2005

"rebooting" this Franchise is Frick'in Stupid , and a Horrible Idea.
                ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

^^ I see the reboot as a necessary evil of Batman movies, where is it going to go after you use the Joker and do what Nolan has done so far? It would eventually be going thru the motions like the last series did, pick a villain and Batman beats him.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                    70's Era Pimp
                    • Sep 7, 2011

Every ten years they do a re-boot to attract the next generation of viewers. It makes sense financially, just ****es me off.

Comment

• samurainoir
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Dec 26, 2006

I'd like to see a move version f Batman Beyond
                      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by samurainoir
                        I'd like to see a move version f Batman Beyond
                        Amen, brother. But ONLY if they can get Clint Eastwood to play the elderly Bruce Wayne. No one else could pull it off....!
                        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• ctc
                          Fear the monkeybat!
                          • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

"Batman is going where he's never gone before....away!"

....and maybe in the reboots there's a NEW, angrier Batman, and Wayne is still sort of around, but he's got to get himself fixed up after the crippling injuries suffered during THIS film, and eventually defeat his replacement, who's gone WAY too dark?

Don C.

Comment

• boynightwing
                            That Carl Guy
                            • Apr 24, 2002

Are all the Bond movies with different actors playing Bond (Connery, Moore, etc) reboots when a new actor comes along?

This confuses me. Why do they have to be called that? Why does each Bat movie have to belong to the exact continuity? Also, why start over at the very beginning each time? By now, everyone knows how he became Batman. So to me it would make sense that after so many movies, they can just get a new Batman and a new direction without starting over. Like they used to do with Bond.

Comment

• ctc
                              Fear the monkeybat!
                              • Aug 16, 2001

>Why does each Bat movie have to belong to the exact continuity? Also, why start over at the very beginning each time?

You're absolutely right, but there's a tendency to want to clear the palette of the audience so's to provide them with something "new" and compatable with current tastes. Audiences have REAL short attention spans.... think how many folks loved the '89 Batman, and poo-poo it now 'cos it's "camp" and not "serious" like the new ones. (And that's not even considering the later Bat-nipples.)

There's also an idea that new fans will be turned off if it looks too much like an older version 'cos they'll feel they need to get caught up. A reboot feels like a new beginning, and makes folks feel like they're getting in on the ground floor.

Don C.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎