X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmarva
    Talkative Member
    • Jul 7, 2007

JSA on Brave and Bold

Last Fridays episode of Brave and Bold featured a JLI/JSA mixer, while Batman was battling Ras Al Ghul.

Fun episode. Spotted Hawkman, Flash, GL, Spectre, Dr. Midnight, Hourman, Starman, Dr. Fate, Sandman and Wildcat. it was fun to see Captain Marvel, too. The Spectre gave him the willies. No Black Canary, Wonder Woman or Superman, though.

Full of old-age jokes like Flash having to run to the bathroom about three times in the episode.

The Lead-in was pretty good, too, featuring a Batman Roast by the Villains.

Really going to miss this series, particularly Outrageous Aquaman.

There was a commercial for a 1-hour premiere of the Green Lantern cartoon on Nov. 11. Really looking forward to it.
  • bleit1701
    Career Member
    • Jan 1, 2009

It will be missed. Maybe Aquaman gets his own series or DVD release. A DC Universe series would be cool. Each week a different character or group of heroes in action.

I thought the guy who voiced Starman was doing a great Ted Knight impression. Ted Knight the actor not Ted Knight the alter ego of Starman. Get all that?

And, to me, GL sounded like someone from the classic Space Ghost series. It had a Hanna Barbera feel to it.
    Better late than never.....

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

It's a shame we'll never get to see all three teams. Would love to see the JLI with the JLA.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Loved seeing more of the JSA this time. Starman's voice kept cracking me up. This episode almost had a Venture Bros. vibe about it.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
          Talkative Member
          • Jul 7, 2007

The producers of the show pack so much fun in each episode. The character designs were so good; as were the in-jokes.

Loved in the roast, how the stand-up comedian hit on the child-endangerment issues with Robin.

I wouldn't be surprised if Warners didn't have a Superman series on the back-burner with the new film coming out in 2013. They've already showed some art from the next Batman cartoon.

Maybe if Aquaman gets a movie, he'll get a cartoon. But with the Green Lantern film tanking, I'm doubting that we'll see much more than Superman and Batman on the silver screen.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by madmarva
            Loved in the roast, how the stand-up comedian hit on the child-endangerment issues with Robin.....Maybe if Aquaman gets a movie, he'll get a cartoon.
            Mr. Freeze's puns cracked me up!

As for animated Aquaman, we can only hope.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎