X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

Volume 3&4 of new Avengers toon on DVD

I just picked up Volumes 3&4 of the New Avengers Toon on DVD.
    I had Volumes 1&2 previously. Each volume comes with 6to7 Episodes.

For Marvel Fans, this is seriously probably the Best cartoon Series ever Made imo. It's Marvel's Timmi-verse.

Anyone know if there are any figures planned for this ?
    I'd love a Hulk figure based on his looks in this.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I enjoy this series. I agree that it's the best animated series Marvel has had yet. As close to Timm and company doing one as we're likely to get. I haven't followed it as closely as I would like, since it's kind of aired randomly on Disney XD.

Isn't there a company in Canada putting out season sets of this, instead of short volume DVDs?

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

^^^ I dunno how short these DVD's really are as far as episodes ...

with the 4 Volumes I now have, ... I already have 26 episodes..., to me that seems like a season , or close to it.

The cartoon, if you get a chance to see it ..., really follows some sorta continuty with itself , and seems to go in order with each new episode too.
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

The whole first season is streaming on Netflix, and yeah its good.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• SeattleEd
          SynthoRes Transmigrator
          • Oct 24, 2007

Yeah, Season one is V1-4.

Interesting that V3&4 were released on DVD this week while the complete season one is being streamed on Netflix. They been up there for more than a couple of months.
          That's how my daughter and I watched the entire Season in a week. We are hooked and looks like Season two broadcasts early next year with a lot of changes.

I agree with J, the Hulk is by far my favorite character.

Comment

• madmarva
            Talkative Member
            • Jul 7, 2007

I like how they did the main characters origins. Good stuff.

Comment

• bleit1701
              Career Member
              • Jan 1, 2009

Very good series. If you go here you can see all the eps for season one and click on the link to see all upcoming airings of the show.

toonzone - Shows - Schedule for Episodes of The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes! on Disney XD

For the first season they aired it regularly on Sunday nights with extra showings through the week.

There is a preview for season 2 on the Captain America DVD with some cool guest stars.
              Better late than never.....

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
                Career Member
                • Nov 27, 2009

These are a waste of time. Wait for the complete first season to come out. These volumes are a scam!
                If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

• Cosmicman
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 12, 2005

Not to sound like a broken record but this series is the best I have ever seen as far as a cartoon. It stays true to the comic book (with some slight changes to fit continuity) but other then that, I have never been so impressed with a cartoon series since Spider-man in the 90s.
                  More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

I watched the 90 Spider-Man series, but the pacing was just too fast. There was never any atmosphere or tension build-up. Just over-the-top music cue and overly melodramatic acting. That and X-Men paled considerably next to BTAS, in my opinion. Avengers is Marvel finally done right.
                    sigpic

Comment

• pmwasson
                      Maker
                      • Sep 12, 2007

Season 1 (26 episodes) is on Netflix streaming.
                      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• BlackKnight
                        The DarkSide Customizer
                        • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by Mego Superboy Prime
                        These are a waste of time. Wait for the complete first season to come out. These volumes are a scam!
                        I have all 26 Episodes ..., Not Sure how they are a waste of time. They are not like the DC 1's, with 3 Episodes per dvd.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Don't worry about that BK, how would the swasscast guy know what a waste of time actally is?
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                            HULK SMASH!
                            • Apr 3, 2010

Avengers is good show, and one of my favourite Marvel animated series.
                            Bugs me a little how it freely mixes elements of the Classic Marvel universe with the Ultimates universe, but whatever.

Picked up some DVDs of the 80s Spidey cartoon recently, the one that ran more or less concurrently with Amazing Friends.
                            Was great to see that again.

Also picked up all the episodes of the 1960s Thor and Cap cartoons on DVD. Love those.
                            Last edited by Bruce Banner; Nov 3, '11, 5:16 AM.
                            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Cosmicman
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                              I watched the 90 Spider-Man series, but the pacing was just too fast. There was never any atmosphere or tension build-up. Just over-the-top music cue and overly melodramatic acting. That and X-Men paled considerably next to BTAS, in my opinion. Avengers is Marvel finally done right.
                              Right about Spider-man but at the time, that was like the best thing as far as super hero cartoons ever. I have a friend who collected the whole season by taping them off TV and I have seen the all. The storyline was fast paced and stuff shot by too fast and as a musician, I have to say that music was really ****ing annoying and got on your nerves after awhile. At least with this new Avenger's cartoon we have more of a build up and an a on going story that seems to be making a slow build up.

The last episode with the Avengers being stuck on Asgard and battling Loki is not bad. You get to see all kinds of cool stuff and even Odin (even though they forgot his eye patch) it was pretty good.
                              More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎