Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

^^Perez...on Superman? Oh yeah I'm down. I hadn't heard that yet. I'm officially excited.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Cosmicman
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 12, 2005

Batwing looks plain silly. Almost looks like Rocket Racer or an early version of Blade. Silly, silly, silly...

What is DC trying to do? It just looks so wrong....

More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Random Axe
        I also am anxious to see if they try Shazam again and if they will totally screw it up again. It's not that difficult to put him into regular continuity and not on an alternate Earth. I don't understand what the issue is. Sure Superman is considered the global protector and rightly so. Cap Marvel should be his back-up. How cool would a Cap/Bizarro fight be? He needs to be mixed up into the DCU properly.

The Jerry Ordway "Power of Shazam!" series was the best attempt by DC to intergrate Captain Marvel into the DCU proper...They should just stick with that approach instead of constantly trying to reinvent the wheel.
        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Random Axe
          ^^Perez...on Superman? Oh yeah I'm down. I hadn't heard that yet. I'm officially excited.
          I haven't heard that yet either....Perez briefly wrote Superman in "Action Comics" during his exile from earth years ago...He didn't last too long on the title though...I think it was about 6 months, no?

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Haven't heard anything about Perez on Superman, he and Jim Lee can't make monthly deadlines so I don't get how they get these kind of assignments. The only thing about Supes I've heard is Morrison writing at least one of the titles.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

This reboot/relaunch is now looking like a mess again. It seems some titles aren't changing at all, while others are totally rebooted. This will be utter chaos, with DiDio and company no doubt saying "all will be explained later" but it never will be.

If they were going to reboot, then DO IT. This half-reboot won't work for anybody, I'm afraid. Too confusing for the few remaining old fans who haven't left, and too convoluted for the newbies they are after to understand.

They may prove me wrong, but I doubt it.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                OH JES!!
                • Jul 21, 2005

Random Axe:
                I also am anxious to see if they try Shazam again and if they will totally screw it up again. It's not that difficult to put him into regular continuity and not on an alternate Earth. I don't understand what the issue is. Sure Superman is considered the global protector and rightly so. Cap Marvel should be his back-up. How cool would a Cap/Bizarro fight be? He needs to be mixed up into the DCU properly.

The Toyroom:
                The Jerry Ordway "Power of Shazam!" series was the best attempt by DC to intergrate Captain Marvel into the DCU proper...They should just stick with that approach instead of constantly trying to reinvent the wheel.

Agree "Power of Shazam!"was the closest thing that DC did that had the Flavor of Classic cap....but nothing else since has come close.

I'm just a firm believer that Cap belongs in his own universe away from the rest. He was Fawcett's answer to Superman and when DC bought him and incorporated him to their universe Cap got lost.
                Cap is a simple fun hero to make him into anything else is not Captain Marvel

Comment

• CaptainTrenchcoat
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 6, 2006

Originally posted by kingdom warrior
                  Random Axe:

The Toyroom:

Agree "Power of Shazam!"was the closest thing that DC did that had the Flavor of Classic cap....but nothing else since has come close.

I'm just a firm believer that Cap belongs in his own universe away from the rest. He was Fawcett's answer to Superman and when DC bought him and incorporated him to their universe Cap got lost.
                  Cap is a simple fun hero to make him into anything else is not Captain Marvel
                  I wish they would have incorporated Cap in WWII. He would have been great to fill in for the Earth 2 Superman.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ I thought the KC Superman was going to be a Earth 2 type replacement, but they sent him back to KC Earth.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Man, I was wondering if he'd EVER get a shot at a monthly.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                        Hot Child in the City
                        • Jul 3, 2008

Here's today's announcements:
                        DC Universe: The Source

The Dark side of the DCU...stuff that otherwise would have gone Vertigo...

This all looks interesting but my biggest thrill was seeing the return of RESURRECTION MAN! Boy, that was a great series! And I...VAMPIRE looks good too.
                        Not too sure about JLA Dark...seems like another spin on ShadowPact.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                          The Packaging King
                          • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                          Not too sure about JLA Dark...seems like another spin on ShadowPact.
                          Yeah I don't care for the fact that they're trying to bring it under the JLA umbrella....

Comment

• samurainoir
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            http://www.comicbookresources.com/as...1307461822.jpg

Man, I was wondering if he'd EVER get a shot at a monthly.
                            I'm really happy that this is happening as well, and Jeff Lemire is quite an emerging talent. I'm currently reading Essex County.

My only bit of hesitation would be their method of marketing this might give the impression of a Hellboy knockoff.
                            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• megalomaniac001
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 24, 2009

Ok, I am a little slow to find out about this. I have sort of dropped out of comics recently. Mostly because there is no decent comic book shop in my town! I have flirted with digital comics, and I actually think the same day digital release could be a smart move on DC's part! As bad as I will feel if the comic book shop goes extinct, I think I would rather see these characters survive in some kind of comic book form. My big gripe for DC is the same one I had about the Crisis on Infinate Earth's back in the 80's. If you are going to do a reboot, do a reboot!! I always hated how some books tried to hold onto all or most of the things they had done, yet others started over. I loved the reboot of Superman back then, but I was confused by Batman and Green Lantern etc. Of course, I was new to comics back then and I had very little knowledge of these characters. If they really want to start fresh, they need to make it a blank slate IMHO.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by samurainoir
                                I'm really happy that this is happening as well, and Jeff Lemire is quite an emerging talent. I'm currently reading Essex County.

My only bit of hesitation would be their method of marketing this might give the impression of a Hellboy knockoff.
                                I always got the impression he was kind of that already. BIg hulking supernatural guy working for a govt. agency. It'd be cool if they paired him up with Klarion the Witch Boy from 7 Soldiers as his sidekick.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎