X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bo8a_Fett
    Pat Troughton in disguise
    • Nov 21, 2007

2000ad

Ok I know 2000ad isn't strictly superhero territory (apart from Zenith), but many of the artists and writers now working in the industry in the states cut their teeth on this comic....anyhow onto the point.
    There is a great book out at the moment chronicalling the 30 year history of 2000ad behind the scenes including quotes and insights from the likes of Bolland, Moore, Wagner, Gibbons, the blist is endless. Its a great read if you are interested.It also has greta quality reprinted artwork and rarities in it.
    Its called "Thrillpower Overload" and is currently in hardback for about £30.
    ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....
  • Surfsup
    Silver Chrome Dome
    • Dec 2, 2005

I've read that and really enjoyed it, it's always interesting to read how they came about with these ideas. it's very interesting hearing about all the trouble they had getting certain stories out due to censorship and superiors sticking their noses in.

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

Neat!

I gotta get a copy of that! We were able to get the weeklies from the early 80's to the late 90's; and there was a lot of good stuff there. And I think if you can count the Punisher and Wolverine as superheroes you can count guys like Dredd or Johnny Alpha as superheroes too. (Dredd's power? Win.)

Don C.

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

I'm a huge fan of 2000AD and related publications like the now defunct Crisis.

Not only did most creators from the UK cut their teeth on this mag, some of their most challenging work appeared here first.

It goes without saying, Brian Bolland on Judge Dredd is pretty much definitive, but you've also got Glenn Fabry and Simon Bisley on Slaine, Kevin O'Neill's Nemesis the Warlock, Grant Morrison and Steve Yeowell's Zenith and The New Adventures of Hitler, Garth Ennis and John McCrea's Troubed Souls, Alan Moore and Ian Gibson's Halo Jones, and so much more.
        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

I'm currently enjoying True Brit from Two Morrows publishing.
          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
            Pat Troughton in disguise
            • Nov 21, 2007

True Brit is excellent.....as is walking dead and goon at the mo...the Goon Chinatown Graphic is very nice.
            I met Alan Moore a year ago and I must say he's a very nice bloke....You gotta see "The Mindscape of Alan Moore"...its superb and has interviews with David Lloyd, Dave Gibbons and other people he's worked with
            ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎