X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

BATMAN:Year One Update!

Kinda bummed Kevin Conroy isn't going to be voicing Batman/Bruce Waye...but still, it sounds like it's going to be a pretty faithful adaption of the Comic...right down to Mazzucchelli's art style.

Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

Voice Cast for Batman: Year One Announced | Superhero Hype
    Last edited by The Bat; Apr 20, '11, 4:32 PM.
    sigpic
  • knight errant00
    8 Inch Action Figure
    • Nov 15, 2005

I dunno . . . though I loved Conroy in BTAS, I really do like hearing other actors in other versions (different voice for different looks and all) -- Jeremy Sisto was great, for example, and I really like what Bruce Greenwood's brought to the part on Young Justice.
    Last edited by knight errant00; Apr 21, '11, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by knight errant00
      I really like what Bruce Greenwood's brought to the part on Young Justice.
      Bruce Greenwood was also very good in Batman:Under the Red Hood.
      sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
        Talkative Member
        • Jul 7, 2007

I think Cranston is a really interesting choice for Gordon. If Warners ever recasts the part for the films, he wouldn't be a bad choice.

I like the idea of going with a younger actor for Bruce for this film, but I'm unfamiliar with the actor. But Andrea Romano generally makes excellent choices.

Really looking forward to this. One of the best Batman stories ever and THE best Gordon story.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I'd love to see Conroy voice Batman in all of these, but I've actually liked everyone else they've cast so far. As madvarva says, Romano hasn't let us down yet.

The style looks great. I wonder if they'll keep the Gregory Peck look for Bruce?

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            I wonder if they'll keep the Gregory Peck look for Bruce?

Chris
            Wow...good Eye Chris! I never noticed that before but you're right...he does resemble Gregory Peck in Batman:Year One(and Actor I hold in great esteeme BTW).
            sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, Mazzuchelli definitely "cast" Peck as Bruce. When he was Batman he looked like a very serious Adam West to me. At least that was the impression I got at 12 years old when Year One began, and it's stuck with me since.

I'm with you on Peck, the actor. Great presence. Atticus Finch alone cements him as one of the top actors of all time.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
                Career Member
                • Nov 27, 2009

Kevin Conroy is the only voice of Batman. Everyone after him is terrible because of the job he did.
                If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Kevin Conroy is the only voice of Batman. Everyone after him is terrible because of the job he did.
                  I love Conroy. It's his voice I hear when I read any Batman story. I mimic it when I read Batman stories to my kids. That being said, Romano hasn't cast anyone who hasn't "worked" as Batman, at least to me.

CHris
                  sigpic

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

I think Bruce Greenwood was great for that particular story (Under the Red Hood). It also kind of tickled me that a Canadian got to play Batman.

He's a great actor in live action film as well. Most of you probably remember him as Pike in the most recent Star Trek movie.

Check him out in Exotica and The Sweet Hereafter.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7w-dPZI_LY
                    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

While I do love Conroy the best...Greenwood did an excellent job.

The only Guy I didn't like as Batman's voice was Jeremy Sisto in JLA:New Frontier. It kind of ruined the Movie for me.
                      sigpic

Comment

• knight errant00
                        8 Inch Action Figure
                        • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by The Bat
                        The only Guy I didn't like as Batman's voice was Jeremy Sisto in JLA:New Frontier. It kind of ruined the Movie for me.
                        I loved Sisto for the 1939-style Batman at the beginning of the story -- I thought his voice was different enough from the raspy Conroy style and fit the darker, more violent, steal-through-the-shadows version of the character at that point.

I do agree, it seemed incongruous when he was the 1950s Sprang-style Batman, and his voice bugged me for it -- although I think that may have been somewhat on purpose on the producers' part.
                        Last edited by knight errant00; Apr 26, '11, 1:44 PM.

Comment

• madmarva
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jul 7, 2007

Man I loved New Frontier. Sisto didn't standout to me one way or the other, but that fight scene where Batman and John Jones take out the Devil Worshipers was really cool.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎