X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Blue Beetle #20: New Peacemaker?

I haven't been following the new Blue Beetle series. Is this the latest incarnation of Charlton's Peacemaker (Christopher Smith)? What is his story in the DCU's "New Earth" continuity? He seems to be connected to the Blue Beetle scarab somehow.

Extra confusing given that this is also a Sinestro Corps tie-in and I'm thinking of picking it up without being up to date with the backstory that is going on in this new BB series.
    Last edited by samurainoir; Oct 21, '07, 8:09 AM.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

Interesting....I'm not familiar with the Peacemaker's current status in the DCU either so I checked Wikipedia:

The Peacemaker is Christopher Smith...For a time, the Peacemaker serves as a U.S. government agent under the auspices of Checkmate, a special-forces unit, hunting down for terrorists until own his behavior becomes too extreme. He eventually crashes a helicopter to destroy tanks controlled by the supervillain Eclipso and is reported dead.His soul shows up in the realm of Purgatory in the Day of Judgement series.

Mitchell Black, a surgeon, was recruited by the "Peacemaker Project", an organization unaffiliated with the Pax Institute and the US government's "Project Peacemaker". Black would reappear in the miniseries titled L.A.W. (Living Assault Weapons), reunited with the other heroes acquired from Charlton. He appeared to have been killed by the supervillain Prometheus in Infinite Crisis #7.

Another individual appearing in the current Blue Beetle series has claimed both Black's name and the Peacemaker identity, but it is as yet unclear as to the truth of at least the former identity. In Blue Beetle #8, he gives his name as 'Mitchell Black,' the third Peacemaker, but in the following issue he reports Christopher Smith's origin as his own. He claims that a year prior to Blue Beetle #9, during a fight against Intergang, he found himself in a Bialyan pyramid that happened to be the same one Dan Garrett found the scarab in years before. While in there, he accidentally came into contact with alien technology that gave him the ability to receive the scarab's database in his mind. The Reach refer him as Smith-Peacemaker, pointing to him being the original Peacemaker.

As of Blue Beetle #13, Peacemaker was briefly implanted with a scarab.

In Blue Beetle # 19, Peacemaker is described by la Dama as having once adopted the catchphrase of "loving peace so much, he'd kill for it." Peacemaker defends the practice as being part of the timeframe of his career's beginnings,
    Sounds like even DC doesn't know what to do with the character...???
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by The Toyroom
      Interesting....I'm not familiar with the Peacemaker's current status in the DCU either so I checked Wikipedia:

Sounds like even DC doesn't know what to do with the character...???
      Between the Charlton character continuity and the Legion continuity...

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Sigh, this all too common in comics these days, I hope the multiverse sticks around long enough to show the original heroes in a few stories.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎