X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

Batman and The Outsiders Re-Launch

Before the 1st issue even hit the stands DC has already re-launched the new BATO with a new creative team, Chuck Dixon and Julian Lopez, replacing Tony Bedard and Koi Turnbull...who were supposed to launch the book. Creative differences with DC editorial?

Anyway, looks like a few new members are joining the team: Green Arrow (Oliver Queen), Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) and Geo-Force (but isn't he on the JLA now?)

BEFORE

AFTER
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Like the second line up better. Chuck Dixon should do pretty good, too. As long as Winnick stays away.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

Agreed on both points!

Comment

• davidb
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 9, 2007

I'm glad to see J'onn J'onzz moved out of the book. He just didn't seem to fit anyway. Green Arrow fits, although I hate to see Captain Boomerang go. Geo-Force works as well - he just never seemed like a Justice Leaguer to me. I'm also okay with the Batgirl/Catwoman switch, but I would have enjoyed the byplay between Catwoman and Batman.

Apparently they're also readding Thunder. I'm kind of curious why she was pulled in the first place.

And full agreement with the statement about Winick. I'm really hating that he's getting ready to start doing a Titans book with the traditional New Teen Titans characters.
        Last edited by davidb; Oct 17, '07, 8:45 AM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Chuck Dixon is tops in my book. I was lucky enough to get to eat with the man at one of his famous "Dixonverse Dinners" in Chicago one year.

Chuck + Batman = SOLD!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

As for Catwoman, you might want to read Lying in the Gutters this week. Looks like whe won't be on the same side soon.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

I wonder if any of Bedard's plot elements will be addressed by Dixon in the first couple of issues or if everything is scrapped? Especially since the recent one-shots of Batman picking the team members are supposed to lead right into the new series. And where does "Aquaman" stand as far as membership? He was never featured in the promo material but he was shown on covers of the upcoming series (which will probably be tossed now?)...

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

Geo Force is currently like a Triple Agent or something in JLA eithe working or "working" for Deathstroke. I'm guessing McDuffie didn't have plans to use him. I'm wondering if they swapped and J'onn ends up back in the JLA? The OYL Martain Manhunter didn't really grab me.

Interesting to see Batgirl Cassandra Cain back in action replacing Catwoman.

Wonder where Boomerang Jr ends up? The Suicide Squad?
                My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• BlackKnight
                  The DarkSide Customizer
                  • Apr 16, 2005

Not a fan of the Batgirl.
                  & Geo-Force is Batman's go to , kinda, in JLA,.. so it makes sence. Should be intersting to see Bat's & GA go at it a bit too...
                  ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎