X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

Smallville season premiere

So who watched it last night? I liked the fight scenes between Clark and Bizarro Clark much better than the fight scene on Bionic Woman. I thought it was a pretty good take on the character.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I liked the Bizarro stuff, but overall, it felt kind of oddly paced. I guess they had a lot of disseparate plotlines going on, and to service them they had to jump around a lot. I would have liked to have seen more Bizarro and less music-montage drama.

Next week looks like it picks things up and goes forward with the Kara/Supergirl plot.

Not a bad start, but they've done better, IMHO.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

I thought the final fight scene was a bit disappointing- one shot from Bizarro and one shot from Clark?

I'm with Chris on the whole music montage ending. Its just taking waaaayyy too long. I really got into this show about 2 seasons ago when they were developing the relationship between Clark and Lex. I enjoyed how Lex seemed to really toil between wanting to be good and actually being bad. It worked as a great catalsyt for all the characters. Since they made the made the choice to kill Johnathan instead of Lana, I've been holding out hope it would get better. I think I've only got a few episodes left in me.
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

I agree with both of you - more fighting, less music. It reminds me of a soap opera when they walk past each other, stop and talk. But I liked the talk between Clark and the Martian Manhunter. I didn't care for the Lex "I've been saved by an angel and now need to do what's right and turn myself in." I have had enough of Lana though and am interested in seeing how they bring Clark and Lois closer together. The Kara/Supergirl story line should be fun to watch and with both Dean Cain and Helen Slater appearing this season (not to mention more from the League) I'm in it for the long haul this season.

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

It was my wifes turn with the remote so I had to watch Grey's Anatomy the season premier
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• ScottA
            Original Member
            • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by toys2cool
            It was my wifes turn with the remote so I had to watch Grey's Anatomy the season premier
            That's funny. At my house Smallville comes on at 7pm and Grey's Anatomy at 8pm. I don't think where're getting the full story. But don't feel bad. I had to watch Grey's with my wife and daughter and tape CSI. I watched that after they went to bed.

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by ScottA
              That's funny. At my house Smallville comes on at 7pm and Grey's Anatomy at 8pm. I don't think where're getting the full story. But don't feel bad. I had to watch Grey's with my wife and daughter and tape CSI. I watched that after they went to bed.
              you mean to tell me I missed the Smallville premier for Ugly Betty???!!? D'oh!!
              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• megoscott
                Founding Partner
                • Nov 17, 2006

I've never been able to maintain interest in Smallville 90210. Every now and then they do something Supermanish that gives me goosebumps, but never enough to keep me coming back week after week.
                This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 12, 2004

I really liked that brief glance that Clark gave that kid after saving him and his father from the dam burst. That was a very 'Superman' moment.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                    valar morghulis
                    • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by MegoScott
                    I've never been able to maintain interest in Smallville 90210. Every now and then they do something Supermanish that gives me goosebumps, but never enough to keep me coming back week after week.
                    What he said. My routine the last three yrs has been to try and catch the finale and premiere, and maybe two or three sweeps eps if they're "supermanish"

I didn't see last year's finale, but tuned into the premiere for the last 40 mins. Not too bad, altho the last 5 mins of each character moonily staring off into the sky set to whatever cd WB is pimping reminded me why I don't blother watching.

Who's the character Jackie Chiles is playing?

Comment

• Brue
                      User without title
                      • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by toys2cool
                      They air at the same time here as well. Luckily my wife likes smallville. She likes Grey's but doesn't care about it that much. - Grey's is probably the show I like least of anything I have seen in the past 5 years.

I thought season 7 got off to a great start. I was dissappointed that Lana was still alive but fully expected it.

I agree with Scott's 90210 feeling but I think with starting in season 5 they started using a better balance of sci fi and action with the teen drama stuff.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Who's the character Jackie Chiles is playing?
                        None other than J'onn J'onnz, the Martian Manhunter.

I don't expect Smallville to become "Superman" on TV, but I wish they would totally drop the teenage longing stuff. Honestly, the characters are too old to be pining for each other from afar. Last nights last scenes mimiced those from the very first episode. And I don't think thats a good thing. We should be past that by now.

The Lana character, and the story arcs she creates, is the the single element that pulls Smallville down from being what it could be. Its the number one complaint of everyone I know who watches or has ever watched the show. I realize she gets top billing after Welling, but the show could really move forward if they just left her behind. I have nothing agains the actress, but Clark being emotionally crippled by his emotions for her makes for over-emo Superboy.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• kept back
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 2, 2002

The first season of this show left me kind of lukewarm. It really picked up around the middle of season 2 then seemed to really derail a couple of seasons back. The only thing that holds my interest now are the occasional references to the rest of the DC universe. Anytime an episode goes by without some sort of nod to another character(GA, MM, etc...) I feel completely ripped off!
                          Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• VintageMike
                            Permanent Member
                            • Dec 16, 2004

I've missed most of the show the past few seaons because I usually get home too late from work. I didn't even know this was the season premiere.
                            For the most part I liked it. I missed the opening credits so when they said Lana had been killed, I thought maybe Kristin Kruek had left the show.
                            Then, there she was at the end...Why? She didn't have to be really dead but the show's run long enough where the character isn't needed anymore, IMO.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

My take on Smallville as a whole is that season 2 was the best, then 3 & 4 took a dip in quality. Season 5 and the first part of 6 finally got back to the show's potential. The second half of season 6 (last season) was derailed by the over-emphasis on the Lana-Lex-Clark triangle, the whole Lex-Lana marriage and baby thing. Basically when the Justice League walked off, so did the best part of the season.

I don't agree with getting rid of John Schneider and Annette O'Toole, however. I think both of those moves were big mistakes.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎