The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Justice League movie officially slated for 2009 - LIVE ACTION!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hulk
    Mayor of Megoville
    • May 10, 2003

Justice League movie officially slated for 2009 - LIVE ACTION!

Variety.com - George Miller to lead 'Justice League'

Director George Miller of Mad Max fame (and more recently, Happy Feet) has been given the green light to move "aggressively ahead" with production in Australia for a 2009 release, which is in initial casting mode right now. Don't expect Routh or Bale to star, but they expect Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman to appear with the World's Finest.

The script is written by the husband and wife duo of Kieran and Michele Mulroney, brother and sister in law of Dermot Mulroney.

Apparently Christopher Nolan would have liked them to wait until he finished up with the Batman franchise, but since they liked this script so much, they pushed back the next installment of Superman (which I am guessing wasn't looking like it could make a 2009 release).

What I like about this decision is that we could see the launch of possibly multiple franchises like Wonder Woman, Aquaman and the Flash, as well as othr possible one off flix, if the casting is done right and the script is as good as they hope.

• Goblin19
    Talkative Member
    • May 2, 2002

I read this today. I was surprised. I thought it was going to be motion capture. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one, but all these movies that are getting rushed to beat the impending strike concern me.

Comment

• LOU
      Museum FIN-atic
      • Nov 20, 2003

This is bittersweet news. As much as I'd love to see a live-action JL, I don't want two different Supermen and Batmen. They should try and secure Routh and Bale, or, if they both are contracted to a sequel (Bale RE: Batman 3); they could call this JL movie a sequel. One can dream...

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

OK, George Miller did Mad Max, but...he also did HAPPY FEET!!! There are rumors floating around about Lawrence Fishburne playing Jonn.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

I always have the fear that they'll try to inroduce too much in a movie like this and it'll turn out like a "Batman Forever" or a "Batman and Robin"...considering the general public has yet to see characters like Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter on the big screen, I wonder if they'll spend the majority of the time introducing the characters and their backstory instead of zipping right to the main plot and the action.
          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Put me in the camp that really doesn't want multiple Supermen and Batmen running around on the big screen. It undermines the Batman and Superman franchises. At the same time, I understand Chris Nolan wishing they would have waited until after his trilogy was complete. Rumor has it Dark Knight ends with a "hook" into the next film. So if you threw JL in the mix, it could really throw things off. Apparently Bale isn't interested anyway. I'm not really sure his Batman would work in JL (or even a Superman/Batman movie), due to the real-world approach.

In a perfect world, if this film has to come out so soon, I'd like to see Routh as Superman (since we won't see another Supes movie before this one, apparently), with WW, Flash, GL, Aquaman and J'onn. And a small but super cool cameo by Mr. Bale as either Batman, or Bruce Wayne, shown to be secretly running the show behind the scenes.

I find it odd that just a few years back Warners/DC put a freeze on "sharing" characters amongst multiple movies/tv series. No Bruce Wayne on Smallville due to Begins, no Batman villians or Aquaman on JLU due to The Batman and the Aquaman pilot, etc. Now its apparently a free-for-all!!!
            sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

Any rumours on who the villain(s) may be for this?
              Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• batmanmc
                mego batman collector
                • Jun 22, 2004

this is great news. hope they make the movie good. mike

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

this would be awesome,I can't wait to see who they cast as Flash and Aquaman
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• joshvox
                    Clown Prince of Crime
                    • Mar 21, 2006

wish they would have left the big two out of it--but I'm excited non the less.

Comment

• Megotu
                      jerk
                      • Dec 16, 2001

No David Ogden Stiers as the Martian Manhunter???? Are these people smokin crack???
                      sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by joshvox
                        wish they would have left the big two out of it--but I'm excited non the less.
                        It would be better that way, go for the JLA Year one line up, including Black Canary.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hulk
                          Mayor of Megoville
                          • May 10, 2003

If they are going to do this, they need to do it right. Pull out all the stops, and that means the big two. This is the kind of movie that could make DC competitive with Marvel in the movie business. Go with a different look for Batman and Superman, there are certainly enough ways to differentiate them from the other current franchises. Maybe a Batman that doesn't wear black armored suits, maybe a Superman with more muscles than me. I could care less about character continuity, this isn't Star Trek. This could be the movie I've been waiting for all my life. DC's biggest heroes, together in one movie. X-Men showed you could have multiple heroes in one movie, but they just aren't in the same league (pardon the pun) as the big boys. Beat Marvel to the Avengers punch. I'm getting tired of DC sitting on properties that deserve to be on the big screen, and they seem incapable of making a major commitment on anything beyond the big two.

Open the movie with some seemingly monumental threat. Throw one hero at a time into the battle, letting the action show the audience their powers. Show them having some difficulties working together, but winning anyway. Afterwards you can dwell on their personalities and how they handle their differences. Their characters, traits and even powers can be shown quite effectively with their interactions with each other.

Then have a select but amazing lineup of Supervillians throw everything at them but the kitchen sink in a knock down, drag out, fanboy extravaganza.

Do it all without any big name stars, but actors good enough to carry their own movie if given the chance (see Brandon Routh). You don't even have to make billions of dollars profit on this movie, just enough to realize that well done movies with characters like Wonder Woman, Aquaman and The Flash could make a mint.

Comment

• batmanmc
                            mego batman collector
                            • Jun 22, 2004

they should and in my opinion need the big two no superman or batman would not be good.

Comment

• toys2cool
                              Ultimate Mego Warrior
                              • Nov 27, 2006

Yeah i'd love to see Batman and Superman in the same film,that would be the ultimate
                              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎