Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Aside from his Civil War turn, Iron Man has always been a favorite character of mine and Downey, Jr one of my favorite actors. The use of the Sabbath song just put this ober the top for me. I'm doing everything I can not to geek out and set my expectations unreasonablt too high for this one.

But I just watched it again.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Blackkryptonite
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 28, 2006

Awesome! I'm so happy they cast Downy for T.S. He's such an amazing actor with talent galore. I get the same feeling from this trailer as i did when i first saw the first Spiderman movie trailer. Whose with me on that?

Comment

• Flynne
        Permanent Member
        • Jan 22, 2003

I gotta say that I was not impresed with this project until I saw the full trailer during "The Daily Show" on Wednesday night. It looked friggin sweet, and the origin keeps to the root story (which is where I feel most adaptations go astray). Downey pulls off the arrogant Tony Stark, they keep the "shrapnel to the heart" ironic twist and his capture by foreign forces for building the armor, and the special effects look awesome. My one quibble is that I love the late 60s / 70s / early to mid 80s version of the Red and Gold armor, but I understand why they went with the 21st century armor.

Plus, who doesn't dig the chase scene with the F-22's? My wife saw that and said "Hey, when does that movie come out?"
        An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

This looks great. Absolutely no trepidation on this project at all. Kind of scary, really!!!

Between this and Dark Knight, next summer can't get here soon enough!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎