Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone watching the Crisis on Infinite Earths animated movies?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Anyone watching the Crisis on Infinite Earths animated movies?

i watched part 2 today. i don't know. the animation is good but the story is all over the place. been a while since i read the comics but i don't recall it being such a hot mess
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
    i watched part 2 today. i don't know. the animation is good but the story is all over the place. been a while since i read the comics but i don't recall it being such a hot mess
    The comics were a hot mess too. The movies stray from the comics a bit, but do nothing to fix the mess the storyline was, and go on to create more of their own mess too. It's a fun watch, with some real good moments, but flowed. But it would take a minor miracle to fix the mess that the Crisis storyline was since it evolved in what it was trying to do as they were telling the story meaning a lot they were setting up early on got changed and abandoned and a lot they did wasn't properly set up earlier in the series while lots of panels were spent trying to shoehorn as many characters in as possible even for brief cameo roles just so they could say it covered the entirety of DC's history and library of characters. There's a lot to like and remember fondly, but it was a deeply flawed story in and of itself, and its primary saving grace was George Perez and his ability to make even the messiest story feel like it read well.

-M

PS I'm actually rereading the maxi series now, 1 issue a month, since DC is rereleasing it monthly as facsimile editions, and looking at the early issues (up to #4 is out already) and knowing how it ends, the messiness of it all is even more apparent now then it was reading it as it came out back then.
    Last edited by MRP; Jul 21, '24, 10:57 PM.
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

I have already watched part three. I didn't really like it. So tired of the new multiverse stuff.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
        Career Member
        • Jun 8, 2015

It's on my to do list, and I have to ask is the JSA in it?

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

I watched part one; it took me a while to get over Negative Man's voice coming out of Barry.

I guess the story has been restructured to make it more approachable, and I get that. I loved the original Crisis comics very much, but I don't think I can tell you the story right now. I knew some elements had changed, but it moved the story along quickly.

The Flash coming from a world where Batman rejected Robin makes for an interesting mix, I enjoyed some of the elements.

The ending of part one was a little too schmaltzy for me, but I'll keep going.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

i honestly don't even remember much about part 1. guess i should have rewatched before part 2. the DC animated movies used to be so well done but now they are kind of meh

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

I watched Part 1. I have been waiting on Part 2 to show up on MAX (has it already?). It's okay. Not great, but not terrible. As a fan of the original comics, which pulled me back to DC after I left for a short while, I will watch them all.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by TRDouble
                I watched Part 1. I have been waiting on Part 2 to show up on MAX (has it already?). It's okay. Not great, but not terrible. As a fan of the original comics, which pulled me back to DC after I left for a short while, I will watch them all.
                This sums me up.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• VintageMike
                  Permanent Member
                  • Dec 16, 2004

I have completed all three parts and enjoyed it. I actually haven't read the comics in forever, so the changes didn't stick out to me.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by TRDouble
                    yes, part 2 just hit Max

Comment

• rykerw1701
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 27, 2007

I watched part 1 over the weekend, and started part 2 last night. I was asleep about 30 minutes into it, though that's probably more about me than the story. The animation is good, and the voice talent also good. But it is convoluted at times. I find myself wondering what's happening, but then I just go with it and try to enjoy the ride.

Comment

• Goblin19
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 2, 2002

I’m through 2 and I think they’re just okay so far. Definitely not a high point for DC animation. Part 2, in particular, seemed very unfocused, jumping around way too much.

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by rykerw1701
                          I watched part 1 over the weekend, and started part 2 last night. I was asleep about 30 minutes into it, though that's probably more about me than the story...
                          LOL! That was me the other night trying to watch Part 2. 30 minutes in and I was sound asleep. I will try again tonight and hopefully not be as tired this time.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

i actually had to watch it in short bursts as it was not holding my attention. i think I sat 3-4 different times to watch a bit of the movie each time

Comment

• Dannyc
                              Museum Patron
                              • Feb 6, 2023

Dang, you guys have a higher tolerance than I do. I could barely finish part 1. I do plan on watching the rest of it...eventually. Tho, I feel like by the time I do, it'll somehow not be available to stream anymore lol. Lately it feels like everything I want to watch isn't ever avaible to stream when I'm ready to watch it.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎