X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Build a 1966 Batmobile Monthly Subscription

Most of the vehicles they have done were 1/7 or 1/8 scale. Just slightly bigger than Mego scale and smaller than AT scale. Roughly Lone Ranger and Big Jim scale.
    the photo looks good and I would still put the FTC figures in it.

Fanhome and Warner Bros. Discovery Global Consumer Products Unleash Classic Batmobile Build-Up Model Subscription Fanhome, the leader in subscription-based collections and models, brings one of the most famous cars in history to collectors with the launch of the Batmobile (1966) build-up model s
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

This cost over $1000, I wanted it but not that much.

They will send it out in 120 shipments at $14 a piece.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

So it’s a ten year project?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Maybe I'm dense, but I read through the website numerous times, and I couldn't tell if it was 120 shipments, or like 20-some. Sounds like there are 120 steps, but there are 6 steps included in most steps.

Why they don't just come out and tell you the final price, I have no idea. The first installment is like $2, then the nex two are free, then you get into the 6 steps per set at $14, I think. That makes it roughly around $300, which seems like a decent deal. BUT, I'm not sure any of that is right. They are being extremely cagey about this.

I wish it was in scale with a line of actual Batman '66 figures, but I'm sure it would look great behind my Hot Toys figures.
        sigpic

Comment

• batty
          Museum Super Collector
          • Mar 9, 2006

I wonder myself. I read this a few times, and the way I was understanding it as 120? assembly stages. Each one is $14, at 6 assembly steps shipped every month. So, that would be 20 months to finish it at around $84 (not including shipping/taxes) a month. So that would be around $1680 completed. If that's correct, it's WAY more than I'd pay.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 29, 2018

Yea I have seen these build a model things before and didn’t one company maybe Eaglemoss go out of business doing the Enterprise and maybe it was Fanhome that picked up the rest? Do I trust any company enough to stay in business long enough to do this with MY money? I love the concept but I know my level of attention to detail and focus is slightly better than a squirrel with a concussion. I wish everyone all the success in the world but I can’t. If I win a descent lotto tho I will commission a 1/9 scale with radio control and go pro camera and the fastest motors you have ever seen.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎