X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

did anyone watch Echo?

i finished it the other night. it was different for Marvel. not really sure where they are going with the character other than just for more diversity. DD only appears in the first episode briefly. Kingpin is throughout the 5 episodes. it wasn't bad but it wasn't any special either
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

My family enjoyed it. My wife and daughter particularly liked it, and I was way more into it than I expected to be. I was honestly just initially there for the brief DD appearance. I think overall it was well done. The ending kind of surprised me, but not in a bad way, I just didn't expect that resolution, but they certainly paved the way for it throughout the episodes.

I felt it was a good balance between the kind of action/violence/tone of Hawkeye and the original Netflix Daredevil series. A nice middle ground
    sigpic

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

My wife and I watched it and both enjoyed it (her probably a bit more than me). I really like D'Onofrio's portrayal of Kingpin, and I thought the drama of the series was very well done. The action was also well done and there were a lot of supporting characters to like. I also really liked a lot of the creative decisions made on how to use sound and silence in juxtaposition throughout. It wasn't a perfect show, and there were things that fell flat for me, but it was entirely enjoyable and mostly well-executed.

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• shaunaconda
        Museum Super Collector
        • Mar 29, 2020

I enjoyed it. Initially to watch Vincent D’Onofrio’s take on Kingpin. Really like that character. But overall liked everything about it!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎