X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Batman & Robin...Quitely Gone?

Hey, I just noticed in Previews, that they have Philip Tan listed as both interior Artist & Cover Artist for "Batman & Robin" #6...is Frank Quitely gone?
    sigpic
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Nope, he did the first three issues, then Tan does the second 3 or 4 issue arc, then back to Quitely.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      then Tan does the second 3 or 4 issue arc

Hmm...well, if the Tan ones are self contained story arcs...then I guess I could pick up the Book for those. COOL!
      sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Here's the DC solicit, I highlighted the part you seem to have missed.

BATMAN and ROBIN #6
        Written by Grant Morrison
        Art by Philip Tan & Jonathan Glapion
        Cover by Frank Quitely
        Variant cover by Philip Tan
        In the startling conclusion to The Revenge of the Red Hood, Gotham's new protector reveals his identity to Batman and surprisingly poses a heart-stopping question to Dick Grayson about the future of Bruce Wayne! Plus, Robin at the mercy of Scarlet!
        Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. For every 25 copies of the Standard Edition (with a cover by Frank Quitely), retailers may order one copy of the Variant Edition (with a cover by Philip Tan). Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.
        On Sale November 4 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Right...I forgot, it did say conclusion to that story arc. I guess I'll check out Issue #7. Thanks
          sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Number 7 should be Quitely again. You'd think with the lead time he had he wouldn't need a 3 month break to get caught up.

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

It will be interesting to see if they can get the rotating arc thing to work with Quitely in Batman and Robin. They never quite(ly?) got it together in New X-Men, although I guess they were always running to catchup from the get-go on that run.

I would imagine their going to use his output level on All Star Superman as a gauge to schedule him on this run.
              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎