X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

Secret Six # 12

Yeah,.. So is this a Good Book,.. or What ?

Stupid Question Time,..
    Did you guys all Know that Jennette was the Silver Banshee ? ...
    Is that some sorta Common Knowledge,.. or something ?
    Being someone who has never read a story with the Sliver Banshee,.. really other than some "We gotta stop this chick" book ,.. it came as a complete surprise to me ..., & was a Pleasant Surprise ,.. I really liked that Idea,.. & thought it was Neat. ... But then Again,.. perhaps it was not a Surprise to the rest of you ..., That is who she is right,.. the Silver Banshee ?.. Thats how I took it.

Anyways,.. Great book,.. Again,.. One of the best ones out there imo.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .
  • johnnystorm
    Hot Child in the City
    • Jul 3, 2008

She is A Banshee, but I don't think she is The Silver Banshee.

And yeah, it took me by surprise as well...I fully expected her to be a demi-god similar to Hercules, thus the hatred of the Amazons.

And Secret Six is by far DC's best book. Nothing is sacred, no one is safe, surprises abound (How about JUNIOR?). If you aren't reading this, by all means pick it up. Gail Simone is just top notch here.

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

^^^ ok, I didn't know there was More than 1 Banshee ... , Man ,.. I feel a bit weirded Out for Lawton Now,.. He Slept with that Half Dead/Whatever chick,.. wait Untill He finds out what She is.
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

As much as I was enjoying this book and Gail Simone's writing, this book was axed from my "buy" list a few months back. Been trying to cut back and go with stuff I really enjoy 100% and I was slowly losing interest in this one. Same with Simone's Wonder Woman...really wasn't cutting it for me so I bailed.
        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• BlackKnight
          The DarkSide Customizer
          • Apr 16, 2005

wow,... I can't believe you bailed on this one ....

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

Yeah...I love Deadshot and Catman but I've grown tired of Scandal, Ragdoll and Bane. And it appears Jeanette may have finally become interesting with this banshee revelation. Prior to that I questioned her involvement on the team.

Not saying everyone on the team should be an A-list or B-list villain but Scandal, Ragdoll and Jeanette seem bottom of the barrel for me. As for Bane, I can't believe this is the guy who once "broke the Bat".

If they spun Deadshot and Catman off into a buddy book, I'd buy that though.....

Comment

• BlackKnight
              The DarkSide Customizer
              • Apr 16, 2005

IMO The Book is Really DeadSHOT & CatMan. Thier "Vincent & Jewles " Type Relationship makes the Book.... Ragdoll is alot of fun,.. reminds me a bit of Deadpool,.. but without the Guns, cuz he's so far out there. He's kinda like the Guy that just hangs out with the other guys,.. & every once in a While,.. everyone looks at him & says,.. " Hey,.. What the F are you doing Here" .

This is the real only 1st time that I have personally Liked Bane in anything. Before his Involvement in this book,.. I kinda Always Loathed his Character. Dude came outta No Where & Went from Nothing to an A lister all because he broke Batman's Back,.. then was slamned into everything , like he was some unstopable force,.. I just never Bought it. With Simone writing the character,.. for me,.. he finally has some sorta Depth,.. & I like How the character is Being Protrayed as well as his Relationship with Scandal,.. I think it's neat.

I never, ever scene Jeanette before this Book...
              I didn't even Know she was a Comicbook character...
              So in the pages of the 6,.. is all I know.
              Her character Grew on me,.. I didn't like the Idea of Her being the "6th" at 1st... However,.. the more & more they wrote her,.. the more & more I liked her,.. Her & Lawton's relationship makes for a Good Read,.. so does Her Flashbacks into her Past here & there,.. & Now,.. to Know kinda what She really IS has difinately Pushed the character to a More interesting Level to say the least ...

I don't buy many books compaired to you,.. I don't think I could ever Drop this book,.. not anytime soon , it's great for me.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                I never, ever scene Jeanette before this Book...
                I didn't even Know she was a Comicbook character...
                So in the pages of the 6,.. is all I know.
                I don't think she's been anywehre other than Secret Six...Simone created her for the book

I don't buy many books compaired to you,.. I don't think I could ever Drop this book,.. not anytime soon , it's great for me.
                Well with some of the DC titles I've dropped (Secret Six, Wonder Woman, Brave and the Bold, Action Comics, Superman, Batman, JSA for example) I've used the funds to do some more dabbling in Marvel (Thor, Fantastic Four, Dark Avengers, Punisher for example). And it also frees up some cash for all of the Blackest Night stuff.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                  The DarkSide Customizer
                  • Apr 16, 2005

I've been buying a couple of different Marvel Tittles too ...

Dark Avengers which sucks,.. cuz right now they are in a arc,.. with the Uncanny X-men,.. & to me isn't as good as the Book started out, or could be,.. & the 2 Dark X-men books I bought so far,.. only leave me at "Meh" at best ...
                  Ms Marvel,.. Digging this..
                  Dark Hawkeye, Mini,... 1 issue to go,.. I really like this..
                  Captain America Reborn,.. after Issue 2,.. I dunno why I am buying this..
                  DeadPool Merc with a Mouth...., My Cheese Book, 2 issues in & I like this.
                  Hulk... I have liked this Book since the Begining..., the "VS's" arc was a little lame with no real big pay off however..
                  X-Force... Awesome book.
                  & ofcourse the Zombie stuff ..

I dropped most of the books you named a while ago, some after only acouple of issues,.. they did nothing for me,.. I picked up the 1st 3 issues of Powergirl,.. an interesting story with the InHumanite,.. I dunno if I will continue,.. cuz yeah,.. I need Blackest Night Cash too .

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

I got the first few issues of SS, but lost interest in it quickly. As you guys said, Catman and Deadshot make the book, but even they are pretty much one trick characters.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎