Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grayhank
    That Fisher Price Guy
    • Feb 9, 2007

Oops my bad. That's the wrong book, thought that was the story I was talking about but it's not. The book is actually The Killing Joke (boy do I feel stupid now) sometimes I get my Bolland covers mixed up.
    Last edited by grayhank; Aug 17, '07, 3:20 PM.
    Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• The Sentry
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 3, 2007

Originally posted by batmanmc
      cant wait for the movie. the stills look good. the makeup is not that good.
      Agreed.
      sigpic
      http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
      [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• kingdom warrior
        OH JES!!
        • Jul 21, 2005

It's too early to tell.....I'm trusting that He'll play the Joker part right not worried about a few photos......

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Well the only thing missing from the Batman suit are the nipples (from the Schumacher-era Batman & Robin). You would THINK the studio would have distanced themselves from that look. Honestly I thought Batman was going to start looking more like his comic book counterpart but obviously that isn't happening. There have been a number of homemade mini-movies and trailer style films made about our beloved Dark Knight and these limited productions always have him looking BETTER than these $200 million films. I just don't get it. I also saw the teaser trailer and the Joker's voice did nothing for me. It didn't sound like someone truly crazy. It sounded like someone trying to act crazy and there's a big difference. The inflection just isn't in his voice. You can tell he doesn't believe what he's saying, so you don't believe it either. I'm sure this film will be interesting in it's own right because you have a number of good talent involved in the project. But I've learned quite a bit about comic book adaptations through the years and the one thing that always seems to hold true for all the great films is a basic respect for the original material.

Batman has been an odd character for Hollywood to understand which is interesting because if you placed an illustration of Spiderman next to Batman 10 years ago, most would say Spiderman would be the hardest to adapt to film since all he has is tights and Batman already had his makeover with Tim Burton. Even when I heard Spiderman was coming to the big screen I immediately 'Batman-ized' his image in my head. I thought, "Oh, they'll have to wrap him in a rubber outfit." The rest is history. The director and studio found a way to make the character honest to the comic book and crowds embraced it because they got exactly what they knew from comics and cartoons. This is what Batman continues to lack and it's very unfortunate. If the studios sat down and developed a Neil Adams Batman to the big screen, this country would go NUTS! People want Batman not a glorified hit man in a rubber suit and cape. Perhaps one day they will figure that out.
          Last edited by MIB41; Aug 17, '07, 7:21 PM.

Comment

• Captain
            Fighting the good fight!
            • Jun 17, 2001

When the first sneak photos of Joker came out, I was hoping the crummy makeup was just being used for rehearsals. Lots more pictures out now, that seem to confirm this IS his on screen look. I have to add my vote to the "dont like it" pile. The makeup issue doesnt mean the movie is going to be garbage....I'm sure it will be great, but it is a distraction for me.
            The ever growing number of villians who are set to appear in this movie is also adding some cause for concern....I guess we will see soon enough how well the filmmakers handle all this!
            "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Meule
              Verbose Member
              • Nov 14, 2004

Crap, the pic has been taken down. It seems some people hated it, others don't mind. Even tho I haven't seen it myself I still have faith in Nolan
              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Captain
                Fighting the good fight!
                • Jun 17, 2001

Some of the pics are still up here!

"Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Meule
                  Verbose Member
                  • Nov 14, 2004

It's not how I see the Joker and it's not how Bob Kane drew him, but a single pic doesn't mean a thing. I'll tell ya how I feel AFTER I've seen the movie
                  "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎