• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Animated Peter Bagge Hate Pilot

YouTube - Hate cartoon

The animation is spot on but Stinky doesn't sound like that, he sounds like my pal Steve, trust me I know.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

Oooooo, I really, really have to watch this when I get home from work. I've never really thought about how Stinky should sound. Definitely not like a normal well adjusted person though.

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

Wow that is spot on! Did they ever produce an actual full cartoon?

My favorite volume is Buddy has Three Moms.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Finally checked it out. The animation style is perfect, Bagge's artwork brought to life, but I really don't like either Buddy or Stinky's voices. I forgot that this was done in conjunction with the "Hype!" documentary and never thought to search for it.

Peter talks about this animated short and the aborted TV series in the "HATE Jamboree" special. Interesting read, and he doesn't have nice things to say about Hollywood.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

I watched an interview with Bagge yesterday where he says that Hate! has been optioned for the last 15 years by various people and only recently did Buddy become a free agent again. It's cool to see the guys animated and I'd love to see Bagge get rich from these brilliant characters but there is no void in my life that would be filled by a Hate! movie.

My favorite volume is Buddy has Three Moms.
          He started to lose me with the Jersey stuff, I think I took the comic rather personal and I didn't like the direction Buddy's life was going. It sounds weird to admit that.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by palitoy
            I watched an interview with Bagge yesterday where he says that Hate! has been optioned for the last 15 years by various people and only recently did Buddy become a free agent again. It's cool to see the guys animated and I'd love to see Bagge get rich from these brilliant characters but there is no void in my life that would be filled by a Hate! movie.

He started to lose me with the Jersey stuff, I think I took the comic rather personal and I didn't like the direction Buddy's life was going. It sounds weird to admit that.
            I think animation gives the right kind of distance for the characters, a live action movie Buddy might be too disturbing (which is probably the point of going that route), kind of like seeing Dan Clowes' characters come to life in the Ghost World film was a bit uncomfortable to me without the abstraction of pen and ink characters.

It's been a while since I've read the early stuff, but it would be interesting to go back and see how "nineties" it feels. I think Alan Moore wrote a story for Hate at one point, and I don't recall it exactly, but it seemed like a really good matchup to me given Moore's satirical side.

I've been meaning to read Bagge's Sweatshop, and I'm looking forward to Incorrigible Hulk finally seeing the light of day given how funny his Spider-man was.
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎