X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Green Lantern: Ganthet's Tale

I just picked this up yesterday and I'm looking forward to reading it.

Written by popular scifi author Larry Niven and drawn by John Byrne.

I hadn't realized that Ganthet had his own Graphic Novel. I would imagine that Geoff Johns will have taken elements from here to weave into his ongoing GL saga (and perhaps the Blue Lanterns?)
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • kryptosmaster
    Removed.
    • Jun 14, 2008

I have it in a box somewhere but honestly can't recall a thing about it. I'm sure it was good.
    Rich

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

It was certainly interesting since it dealt with that hand holding a nebula that figured so prominantly in the creation of the Multiverse in Crisis on Infinate Earths.

Nice intro to the character of Ganthet and the fact that he is a bit of a Maverick Guardian.

There is an interesting bit about how Red Shifting changes the colors in the electromagnetic spectrum, which could play into the War of the Lanterns/Blackest Night.

There was also a bit at the end that evokes The Black Hand in the "evil" that was unleashed.

Was the "Leprechaun" Green Lantern ever seen again? I think that bit was a tad too "precious" for it's own good. What about the daughter of the renegade Guardian and Zamaron? I would imagine that she could easily connect into Blackest Night given what happens to her at the end of this volume.

I wonder if how much this led into Emerald Twilight given the fact that it was Ganthet that gave Kyle the last ring, and the end of this seems to sow some seeds of discontent into Hal's relationship with the Guardians (it should be noted that he has already been "infected" with The Fear since his temples are gray in this book).
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• jds1911a1
        Alan Scott is the best GL
        • Aug 8, 2007

it's ok explains the whole mosaic story backround otherwise eh

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡