Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IRON37
    • Apr 15, 2009

Thor, Captain America, Avengers movies!

So who else is psyched for the upcoming Marvel movies (not forgetting Wolverine)? Im surprisingly excited for the Thor movie to see how it turns out, and who they pick. It 'seems' like Aleksander Skarsgard has the best chance for the role and has already been talking to the director. If he bulks up another 20 pounds or so with hollywood magic he can look like a dead-on Thor I would say. I hope they pick someone kindof unknown for Cap. Would be weird seing someone like Paul Walker carrying the shield...
  • clemso
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 8, 2001

Welcome Iron37,

I am really looking forward to the Avengers movie as well as Thor. Unfortunately I think they have pushed back both these movies by one more year.

Clem

Comment

• IRON37
      • Apr 15, 2009

Thank you for the welcoming. Yeah that stings a bit that we have to wait till 2010-2011'ish to see them. But hopefully it means they are taking their time with them. The avengers can be epic if they handle it right.

Comment

• livingdead70
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 24, 2009

Well, they wont have to try to hard to top that first Cap movie, thats for sure.
        trey

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Welcome to the Museum!

Cap's the movie I want to see the most!! Marvel has stated that they won't cheap out...that it'll have a budget the size of Spiderman!

Thor is in VERY good Hands...Kenneth Brangh is the Director!!
          sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Cap is in good hands with Joe Johnston, too. He's done some good period work on Rocketeer, so the portion of the movie set in WW2 should look great.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by The Bat
              Welcome to the Museum!

Cap's the movie I want to see the most!! Marvel has stated that they won't cheap out...that it'll have a budget the size of Spiderman!

Thor is in VERY good Hands...Kenneth Brangh is the Director!!
              Loved Dead Again. I think his Shakespeare stuff is brilliant.

Still can't forgive him for Frankenstein.

Although if Thor is using words like "Thou Art", he's in good hands.
              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                Cap is in good hands with Joe Johnston, too. He's done some good period work on Rocketeer, so the portion of the movie set in WW2 should look great.

Yeah...I couldn't remember the Directors name, but you're right...he is good! And they've said the whole Movie takes place in WW2...with a "to be continued" at the end.
                sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by samurainoir
                  Loved Dead Again. I think his Shakespeare stuff is brilliant.

Still can't forgive him for Frankenstein.

Hey...I liked Frankenstein! But "Hamlet" is my favorite Movie!
                  sigpic

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by The Bat
                    Hey...I liked Frankenstein! But "Hamlet" is my favorite Movie!
                    Hamlet was great, the performances kept me rivited the entire time even though it was the first movie I had ever seen that needed an intermission! I enjoyed his Much Ado About Nothing even more, except Keanu kept wandering out of Bill and Ted's and into this movie! I forgot about Peter's Friends! And Henry V was a great debut for such a young actor/director.

As for Frankenstein, I blame that home-wrecking Helena Bonham Carter! Although I guess I can't blame her for the obvious fact that Robert DeNiro was standing on a box under that trencoat...

Wasn't quite the forced perspective special effects wizardry of Lord of the Rings!

I guess given that it's just one of his half dozen films that I thought was less than brilliant, I should acknowledge that Thor is indeed in good hands.
                    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎