Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long did Wally's original Kid-Flash costume last?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

How long did Wally's original Kid-Flash costume last?

Wally was Barry's "mini-me" when he first got his powers.

He had his classic costume by the time the Teen Titans rolled around...

How long did his original Barry-costume last?
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

Wally debuted as Kid Flash in "The Flash" #110 (Dec. '59)...He rec'd his new costume in "The Flash" #135 (Mar. '63)...25 issues or a 3+ year run (due to the publishing frequency back then)
    Last edited by The Toyroom; Apr 14, '09, 7:31 AM.
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• johnnystorm
      Hot Child in the City
      • Jul 3, 2008

Kid Flash debuted in Flash #110 (December 1959) in the third and last story of the issue...which wasn't even mentioned on the cover! His costume then was one of Barry's, cut-down to his size.

GCD :: Issue Details

Wally got his yellow costume in Flash #135 (March 1963) a couple years later when an alien machine zapped him and changed the uniform to a design Barry had been thinking about. This is about a year prior to the Teen Titans debut in B&B #54 (June 1964).

I like how Kid Flash got top billing on that first team-up, then Aqualad, the Robin as third banana....a few years later and Robin would always be in the lead spot, and when the TV show hit, Robin even had his bust shot worked into the cover masthead.

GCD Database Search

GCD :: Issue Details
      Last edited by johnnystorm; Apr 14, '09, 3:12 PM.

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by johnnystorm
        Kid Flash debuted in Flash #110 (December 1963) in the third and last story of the issue...which wasn't even mentioned on the cover! His costume then was one of Barry's, cut-down to his size.

Wally got his yellow costume in Flash #135 (March 1963) a couple years later when an alien machine zapped him and changed the uniform to a design Barry had been thinking about. This is about a year prior to the Teen Titans debut in B&B #54 (June 1964).
        So Wally debuted his new yellow costume BEFORE he even debuted himself as Kid Flash? Awesome! Gotta love time travel!

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

Thanks guys.

Another question... how long did Barry let him call him "Mr Flash" before letting him in on his true identity? That seems a bit backwards doesn't it? Make him your sidekick first, and THEN let him in on the Secret ID?

It's too bad that Bart is back and has taken on the Kid Flash identity. The Yellow and Red is a classic for Wally to get back into. Somehow I can't see Wally as "Impulse". What uniform would you like to see Wally in? Perhaps the gold "Speed Force" uni that echoes his second Kid Flash costume?

Anyone else think the tragedy that is upcoming in the Flash is that Linda is going to die? It would take care of the problematic cliche of Wally conveniently dying as Barry comes back. The kids are already a handful, but if Wally is forced to become a full-time dad, that takes him out of the picture (although he can still hang with the Titans).

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by The Toyroom
            So Wally debuted his new yellow costume BEFORE he even debuted himself as Kid Flash? Awesome! Gotta love time travel!

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

Flash revealed his ID to Wally in "The Flash" #120 (May '61)

Comment

• johnnystorm
                Hot Child in the City
                • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                OMG! We've figured out the secret paradox that created Final Crisis! Now Grant Morrison's going to have to hunt us down and kill us!

Sorry, my bad! I think I fixed it...I really should drink more coffee before posting in the mornings!

Comment

• johnnystorm
                  Hot Child in the City
                  • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by samurainoir
                  Anyone else think the tragedy that is upcoming in the Flash is that Linda is going to die? It would take care of the problematic cliche of Wally conveniently dying as Barry comes back. The kids are already a handful, but if Wally is forced to become a full-time dad, that takes him out of the picture (although he can still hang with the Titans).
                  I'm thinking more like the kids are going away, maybe not killed off but sent into the future or another dimension or something? Linda was an ok part of Wally's World...the kids are annoying and (IMHO) drag Wally down as a character.

I think we're going to see Barry in JLA, Jay in JSA, Wally in Titans, and Bart in Teen Titans. Every group gets a Flash to call their very own! And Wally will maybe get a costume something along the lines of the future John Fox version maybe?

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                    I'm thinking more like the kids are going away, maybe not killed off but sent into the future or another dimension or something? Linda was an ok part of Wally's World...the kids are annoying and (IMHO) drag Wally down as a character.
                    Maybe dump the kids in the 30th Century (or is it now the 31st Century?) with Iris' parents (who I don't think are really related to them, as Iris is Wally's aunt because she was "adopted" by Ira West...Wally's grandfather)

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The 2nd Kid Flash costume is one of the greatest costume designs of all time.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                        The Packaging King
                        • Dec 31, 2004

^ Infantino did some great stuff in the 60s on Flash and Batman IMO

Comment

• samurainoir
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Dec 26, 2006

Have they explained how Iris is suddenly de-aged? (Superboy Prime Punch?)

I was hoping that there could be some interesting exploration of the age differences between Barry and Iris, given how Iris raised two kids to adulthood in the 30th/31st century before kidnapping her grandson and hightailing it back to the past.

With Barry back in the science lab, I'm also hoping that Ira West gets to come back as a major supporting character. I always loved his interactions with Barry back in the day and I have no idea why he has only had minimal contact with his grandson Wally in the past few years and has he even met his great grandson Bart?

Which issues of Flash do I go searching for to read about how Ira West received Iris from the future?

Comment

• The Toyroom
                            The Packaging King
                            • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by samurainoir
                            Have they explained how Iris is suddenly de-aged? (Superboy Prime Punch?)

I was hoping that there could be some interesting exploration of the age differences between Barry and Iris, given how Iris raised two kids to adulthood in the 30th/31st century before kidnapping her grandson and hightailing it back to the past.
                            I think when Iris was originally revived after the end of the Trial of the Flash, her consciousness was placed in a younger body, if I recall. They've aged her over the years but apparently they're drawing her younger again. Probably to close the gap with Barry now that he's back.

Which issues of Flash do I go searching for to read about how Ira West received Iris from the future?
                            This was first covered in "The Flash" #203 (Feb. '71)

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎