Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Airdave817
    Satellite Monitor Duty
    • May 31, 2007

The first issue of Justice League of America I ever picked up was #145 from August of 1977. The shame was that by then J'onn J'onzz had left the team. I guess I go with The Magnificent Seven. But, I like Alex Ross' approach by keeping the line-up before J'onn left, and throwing in Plastic Man and Captain Marvel. I would make those two early recruits around the time the team formed or maybe before Green Arrow, The atom and Hawkman joined. I think it would be kinda cool to see how Plas would have handled the original alien challenge alongside CM and the original line-up. From the flashbacks I've read, Batman and Superman only mad cameos, which would have worked for Plas and CM, too. That's one retcon I think could work.

I liked the Giffen, Maguire DeMatties League, and the originals relaunch. I liked Waid's A Midsummer's Nightmare. That was a great story. I kinda liked the fifth week event Justice Leagues, too. Just 'cuz it was something different.

(I think, instead of doing year-long weekly comics, DC needs to go back to fifth-week events and Elseworlds stories - but, that's just me...)
    Shameless self-promotion -
    Earth-Dave
    KROC-FM
    Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
    "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I kinda liked the Giffen era stuff. It was funny, they did some really long stories that let them get into the nuts and bolts more, and they did more normal people/behind the scenes stories. THAT'S what I really liked, seeing what heroes did when they weren't being heroes. It put more of an edge on the action 'cos the characters seemed more like people.

Don C.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
        The Man of Many Voices
        • Aug 30, 2005

I like both the original version from the 1960's and the 1970's satellite era. I liked it up until Batman quit and eventually formed the Outsiders. After all, I grew up with the SuperFriends. I also love the Justice League Unlimited animated series. As long as Batman is in it.
        Cheers.

Comment

• johnnystorm
          Hot Child in the City
          • Jul 3, 2008

The '60s -'70s era when Dick Dillin was drawing the book...around issues #90 through #150 or so ...so many great stories there...my favorites being the JLA/JSA teamups with the Seven Soldiers of Victory & the Fawcett heroes...the issue where they fought Doctor Light with Aquaman's tombstone on the cover...the Dharlu in the computer...Supergirl guest-stars...the wedding of Adam Strange...Good Times!!

Comment

• jds1911a1
            Alan Scott is the best GL
            • Aug 8, 2007

JL detriot - NOT but I guess Bruce Timm et al loved em because all of those losers have cameos in JLI
            I prefer the mountain hideaway years with Snapper but the best JLA JSA teamups were in the Satelite era

Comment

• davidb
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 9, 2007

Easily the satellite era. Second place would go to the JLI, with Morrison's run as third.

Dead last is the 96 book after Kelly took over and started bringing in all the nobodies like Manitou Raven.

Comment

• Random Axe
                The Voice of Reason
                • Apr 16, 2008

I guess you can lump me in with Satellite era. THe old-school stuff from the 70's rocked. I also love Ross' vision of the team. The version with Vixen, Vibe and those other useless guys would be the low point. Come to think of it, I don't think the Morrison/Porter stuff worked either. I detest the hook-hand Aquaman and Kyle Rayner as the resident Lantern. Ugh.

Stick with the original seven and throw in Atom, Captain Marvel and Green Arrow. That's the Justice League to me.

Scott
                I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• CaptainTrenchcoat
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 6, 2006

The Satellite years for me too. Didn't care for the Alex Ross version. Captain Marvel and Plastic Man don't belong with the League, they fit better with the JSA. Both are Golden Age characters.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                    Alan Scott is the best GL
                    • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by CaptainTrenchcoat
                    The Satellite years for me too. Didn't care for the Alex Ross version. Captain Marvel and Plastic Man don't belong with the League, they fit better with the JSA. Both are Golden Age characters.
                    it depends how they are done. In JLI Dematias used Cap very well as comic relief

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Random Axe
                      I guess you can lump me in with Satellite era. THe old-school stuff from the 70's rocked. I also love Ross' vision of the team. The version with Vixen, Vibe and those other useless guys would be the low point. Come to think of it, I don't think the Morrison/Porter stuff worked either. I detest the hook-hand Aquaman and Kyle Rayner as the resident Lantern. Ugh.

Stick with the original seven and throw in Atom, Captain Marvel and Green Arrow. That's the Justice League to me.

Scott
                      Morrison had to use the current versions of the characters like Aquaman and GL, so don't blame him for that, blame DC editorial. The electric Superman and Hippolyta were also forced upon the book by events elsewhere.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• garagesale
                        Dept. of Mego Studies
                        • Aug 8, 2006

1970s satellite era. Esp. loved when the JLA teamed it with the Freedom Fighters Earth X about 73.

JamesD

http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/adjunct/dolph/

THANKS!

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎