Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Still, it's something to watch while waiting for the Secret Saturdays.
    Can't get into that one at all. It may have to do with Cartoon Network OVER-promoting it before it debuted. For some reason they sunk some major moo-lah into promoting that show, and barely promoted B&B at all.

I think the thing that bothers me about Secret Saturdays is that the concept is too out-there for the type of show it is. Maybe if I tried to watch a few in a row I'd get over it, but it just doesn't seem like a real strong concept. Kind of "let's throw in everything we think is cool and see if it sticks".

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Secret Saturdays looks like something I'd like but I'm not all that into it, my son likes it OK but it doesn't rank as high as Ben 10 with him.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• kingdom warrior
        OH JES!!
        • Jul 21, 2005

Bwanna Beast!!!!!!!! Yeah man!! That part was awesome!! but I though the outsiders was ho hum. what's with the stereotype hoodie look for Black lightning? Metamorpho a dumb jock?....and the girl a Killbill knockoff? and Batman doing a Superman move breaking the chains....not the best so far in the series

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          Can't get into that one at all. It may have to do with Cartoon Network OVER-promoting it before it debuted. For some reason they sunk some major moo-lah into promoting that show, and barely promoted B&B at all.

I think the thing that bothers me about Secret Saturdays is that the concept is too out-there for the type of show it is. Maybe if I tried to watch a few in a row I'd get over it, but it just doesn't seem like a real strong concept. Kind of "let's throw in everything we think is cool and see if it sticks".

Chris
          Not only that but when I saw the previews for it I thought to myself "why watch this when they air The Venture Brothers on adult swim and Jonny Quest on Boomerang?"

Comment

• Riffster
            Atomic batteries to power
            • Jun 29, 2008

is Ben 10 basically Dial h for Hero?
            Looking for Infinite Heroes Robin and Catwoman
            And Super Powers Batman

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

is Ben 10 basically Dial h for Hero?
              The concept is the same, but instead of heroes, the kid turns into specific breeds of aliens whose DNA is stored in the watch (called the Omnitrix). It's my kid's favorite non-comic related show.

Not only that but when I saw the previews for it I thought to myself "why watch this when they air The Venture Brothers on adult swim and Jonny Quest on Boomerang?"
              Yeah, I've thought of it that way too. A legit version of Venture Bros.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Brue
                User without title
                • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                Not real thrilled with the Outsiders episode. And since when is Batman strong enough to break several chains wrapped around him?

I've got to say, although I like the design of the show and a bit of the humor, the storytelling & characterizations are sub-par.

Still, it's something to watch while waiting for the Secret Saturdays.
                Yep, yep and yep.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Hey this week's episode looks to be a huge fanboy blowout. Not only does it have Kamandi, Gentleman Ghost and Deadman, but Green Arrow and frickin' Speedy are in it too. My son caught Speedy in one of the commercials last night. All the online spots are confirming his presence.

I wish they'd go ahead and show Robin!

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Riffster
                    Atomic batteries to power
                    • Jun 29, 2008

comics-continum have pics of speedy

Looking for Infinite Heroes Robin and Catwoman
                    And Super Powers Batman

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, what a ride! Batman being able to astral-project was a little much, but beyond that it was a lot of fun, and kind of creepy too.

Deadman looked down right Spectre-al when he first appeared!

Did you catch the subtle Robin reference at the beginning? And of course Speedy stole Robin's signature line later on.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                        The Packaging King
                        • Dec 31, 2004

Plus freakin' Kamandi! How cool is that? I felt like I was reading (watching) and old Bob Haney Brave and the Bold tale!
                        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• jwyblejr
                          galactic yo-yo
                          • Apr 6, 2006

Golly gosh gee whiz! I hope I never see Speedy again.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Golly gosh gee whiz! I hope I never see Speedy again.
                            That was an interesting choice for Speedy. Of course that was his personality for the first 20 years of his published existence, but by the time he was a Teen Titan, Speedy was the hot-head "bad boy" even before he got into the hard stuff.

My son recognized Speedy's voice as "that guy that played Robin in the flashbacks" in the "Back to the Batcave" TV movie. He was right!

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
                              galactic yo-yo
                              • Apr 6, 2006

I figure most younger viewers would think Speedy was a "dork" for the way he talked. They might have been used to the way he talked on Teen Titans.

Comment

• Action Martin
                                Apeonaut
                                • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                                Plus freakin' Kamandi! How cool is that?
                                It was great to see an animated Kamandi! I loved the subtle O.M.A.C. reference.
                                Scott

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎