X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • huedell
    Museum Ball Eater
    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    Just watched "Day of the Dark Knight" and it was the best episode yet. It was a bit more straight-forward than some of the previous shows, the dialog was more cleverly written, and the cameos by the old Batman TV villains (Bookworm! Shame! Louie the Lilac!) was just great. My kid recognized most right away.

Chris
    Sounds like a lot of good news re: B&TB...hope to catch that
    DOTDK episode soon.

And I hope this series is more "hit" than "miss".

I remember complaining about the WONDER-PIG and KIDS' STUFF episodes
    on JLU when they debuted---now I only hope B&TB can match that
    kind of thing---light tone with good writing---I'd be happy.
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• vulcan2074
      Live Long and Prosper
      • Mar 23, 2008

I Just saw the New Brave & the Bold. It was Fantastic. I was Super Excited as soon as it started. It was Very well Done
      Sammy

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

Man,I love all of those cameos of the villains from the old TV series. Way cool.

Comment

• BlackKnight
          The DarkSide Customizer
          • Apr 16, 2005

Just watched "Day of the Dark Knight" and it was the best episode yet. It was a bit more straight-forward than some of the previous shows, the dialog was more cleverly written, and the cameos by the old Batman TV villains (Bookworm! Shame! Louie the Lilac!) was just great. My kid recognized most right away.

Chris

Agreed !! This IS the best Episode yet !
          It was a lot of Fun, the Boy & I really enjoyed it. I love the one upmanship game between Arrow & Bats.. The interaction with Guy was a lot of fun & entertaining too... Made me wish for a Green Lantern Cartoon.

Next Week's got Baw wa Beast , or whatever, Wildcat, Metamorpho & some sorta version of BlackLighting ,.. should be good.
          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I'm tepid on the show, but basically like the B&B Batman depiction. It seems more for kids, but that's okay, I'm a big fanboy kid.

DODK with Green Arrow had some plotting/exposition glosses, but didja catch that prison riot with all the Batman '66 TV foes?

SWEET!--that's the kind of homage/pastiche I love.
            Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 4, '09, 11:30 AM.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by BlackKnight
              Well I personally think the Batman comes off a Bit better than the Super Friends Batman,.. He has better stories so far too. I dunno, I can't even watch Super Friends anymore,.. BTAS Ruined it for me.
              Yeah, I hear ya--but I still love Challenge of the Superfriends. The Legion of Doom & their Vader lair rule!
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                Alan Scott is the best GL
                • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by Dave Mc
                I just saw my first episode of this, the one with Blue Beetle. I'm surprised that I'm the first to say this in this thread but...

GOD DID THAT SUCK!

I'm not one to post counter opinions just for fun, but I hated this. At first I thought it had potential. I liked the idea, I liked the classic Batman look, but it's just too campy. It brought back all the things that always made Batman suck. All the super cheese of the 60's. UGH!

Well, at least I have my Batman:TAS and Justice League DVD's. For me, nothing nailed Batman better.
                Well that's true if you dislike the cornball aspect of 50's sprang batman and the 60's show (and the filmation cartoons) this one isn't for you. BAS (seasons 1-3) was more grounded in the 40's and 70's batman stories.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

What did everyone think of tonight's?

Comment

• Riffster
                    Atomic batteries to power
                    • Jun 29, 2008

I liked it, but is that reallt B'wanna 's power?
                    Looking for Infinite Heroes Robin and Catwoman
                    And Super Powers Batman

Comment

• jds1911a1
                      • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by Riffster
                      I liked it, but is that reallt B'wanna 's power?
                      traditionally his big power is to combine 2 animals into one monster (and usually a ridiculous looking one)

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

I liked it, but not as much as last week's. R.L. Emery as Wildcat was cool, although JLU's Dennis Farina fit my idea of Wildcat's voice better. Still Ted seemed even more of an old toughguy here, so it worked.

Kind of weird to see the Outsiders as teens, but I guess in a way it kind of combined the book/movie Outsiders (Ponyboy, etc) with the DC heroes.

For some reason, my son has been Wildcat-obsessed since last week's teaser. Today he's running around in black pants, a sweatshirt and a Batman mask. And boxing. A LOT.

Next week's episode looks wild. How are they going to cram Kamandi's story into a TEASER?!?

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• jds1911a1
                          • Aug 8, 2007

I liked it, but not as much as last week's. R.L. Emery as Wildcat was cool, although JLU's Dennis Farina fit my idea of Wildcat's voice better. Still Ted seemed even more of an old toughguy here, so it worked.

Kind of weird to see the Outsiders as teens, but I guess in a way it kind of combined the book/movie Outsiders (Ponyboy, etc) with the DC heroes.

For some reason, my son has been Wildcat-obsessed since last week's teaser. Today he's running around in black pants, a sweatshirt and a Batman mask. And boxing. A LOT.

Next week's episode looks wild. How are they going to cram Kamandi's story into a TEASER?!?

Chris
                          I agree Komandi should be the feature the way the day of the darkknight was last week

Comment

• Action Martin
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 30, 2007

I liked this series at the start but it seems to have gotten progressively worse.
                            Scott

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

I wasn't so into this one, I think it was too much for me to accept at once, the Outsiders as teens, the Gunny voice on Wildcat, I wasn't real pleased.

The opener was fun with B'wana Beast though. I still like it and my children love the heck out of it, so it's all good.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

Not real thrilled with the Outsiders episode. And since when is Batman strong enough to break several chains wrapped around him?

I've got to say, although I like the design of the show and a bit of the humor, the storytelling & characterizations are sub-par.

Still, it's something to watch while waiting for the Secret Saturdays.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎