X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

"The Origin of Commander X"!!

Just thought You Guys(& Gals)might like to know the origin of Commander X...so here's a few Pages of Issue #1 of, "The Undersea Adventures of Capt'n ELI"!!!

And Jay also had the pleasure of meeting Herb Trimpe...and Mr.Trimpe was kind enough to do this Picture of CX for Him:
    sigpic
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

THe more I'm seeing of this book, the more I want it. It's definitely got a Johnny Quest/Flash GOrdon/Buck Rogers feel to it. Underwater and retro is a neat concept. THat dude Sea Ghost is just wicked cool. He needs his own book...and figure.

I'm not sure what the reading level is here or what kind of action is involved in the books, but I'm intrigued if nothing else. Dane, maybe you or Jay could give us a cliff notes breakdown about both volumes. It certainly looks like fun.

Scott
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Looks interesting. I see some potential for your toy line to expand. Those retro Golden Age heroes would be nice to see in plastic. That Trimpe piece is great. Sure wish he did more work.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

I am so there when the book is for sale.
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by BlackKnight
          I am so there when the book is for sale.

Actually BK...the Book is already for sale, as well as Issue #2, which just came out :

http://captneli.shipyardshopping.com/index.html

Dane
          sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Random Axe
            I'm not sure what the reading level is here or what kind of action is involved in the books, but I'm intrigued if nothing else.

Scott

Honestly...(and I'm not selling here...it's not My Job)I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. When Jay told Me He "wanted to bring Kids back to Comics"...I expected to read a Kids Book. So...I approached it quite objectively. But to My surprise...I enjoyed the writing quite a bit. I think it's an enjoyable read for both Kids & Adults....it was FUN! IMO...it's definately not just a Kids Book...but harkens back to a time when Comics were more fun...and You didn't need to show Blood & Gore to tell a Story(but Baddies do die).
            sigpic

Comment

• Random Axe
              The Voice of Reason
              • Apr 16, 2008

Dane, the best sales come from word of mouth, so you did indeed "sell" the book. Enthusiasm like yours is not by accident or random. I'll definitely be picking up those books. I'm going back and getting old Shazam comics from the 70's, so I'm kinda in that frame of mind now. The industry was quite different then and I'm on a little bit of a nostalgic kick as of late. These books should fit in nicely with me and I look forward to the figures.

Scott
              I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• megocrazy
                Museum Trouble Maker
                • Feb 18, 2007

I was hoping the second would be available on Amazon by now. I overpayed a bill and was gonna buy it there rather than have the money sent back, but part two is still not listed as available. Any idea when it might be? I want to get them both together. I agree the story lines look interesting and I'm looking forward to getting them both. And the figures too!! What I've seen so far I like alot.
                It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• jaypiscopo
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 4, 2008

[QUOTE=megocrazy;208099]I was hoping the second would be available on Amazon by now.

there has been a snafu with Amazon and Diamond thats suposed to be worked out-
                  you should be able to order both volumes from Amazon now-
                  if you have trouble- send an e-mail to amazon
                  you can also order both volumes through the Capt'n Eli webstore
                  Book 1 should be in your local shop by now--
                  If not, Please ask for it.

Thanks for all the great comments-
                  and Thank You for taking a look at Capt'n Eli-

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Here's the FREE Poster that Jay is give out at the Baltimore Comic Convention:
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎