Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filmation batman fan
    The Man of Many Voices
    • Aug 30, 2005

From what I heard, this Batman is a lighter version of the character as opposed to the grim Dark Knight voiced by Conroy that we've all been used to. From the pics I've seen and what I have read, this Batman is somewhere between the light and dark versions. Sort of a cross between Adam West and the Kevin Conroy Dark Knight. So I guess we'll see how Baker does as this slightly lighter toned Batman.
    Cheers.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by The Toyroom
      I sooo hope they do a toyline for this....I was disappointed when they cancelled "The Legion of Super-Heroes" before we got to see toys of them.
      They are, Mattel showed them at SDCC.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

^ I remember seeing them now. Hopefully they make it to the shelves. But weren't there supposed to be Legion figures that got prototyped but never got scheduled? I seem to remember hearing that when the show debuted.
        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• BlackKnight
          The DarkSide Customizer
          • Apr 16, 2005

I was disappointed when they cancelled "The Legion of Super-Heroes" before we got to see toys of them.

I didn't even know they cancelled the Show. Lame. It was getting really good too.
          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

The Legion has always been a hard sell but I thought they did a decent job with the core group they had, considering the membership number is actually somewhere close to 30 heroes.
            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• JDeRouen
              Author of Small Things
              • Jun 14, 2001

Bale bailed?
              --
              Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• aquatroy
                Permanent Member
                • Apr 28, 2002

The Legion has always been a hard sell but I thought they did a decent job with the core group they had, considering the membership number is actually somewhere close to 30 heroes.
                I liked the show, too. However, I wish it would have stayed within the Timmyverse and used the setup from the last season of JLU (episode 36?). A Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes toon would have been great.
                Hey! Check out the pictures.

Comment

• aquatroy
                  Permanent Member
                  • Apr 28, 2002

I think the toon will be just fine.
                  BAT - BLOG : BATMAN TOYS and COLLECTIBLES: SDCC Video, BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD Animated TV Show Cartoon Trailer From The San Diego Comic Con!
                  Scroll down a bit. There's an embedded YouTube video. The trailer looks awesome!
                  Hey! Check out the pictures.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Not sure about Legion figures. I heard rumors, but never anything varified. I know at one time Mattel reps said they MIGHT slip some Legion figures into a consolidated DC animated line, but that line never quite materialized like that. I guess they could put them in the JLU line at Target, but I doubt it.

This B&B show looks to be a lot of FUN. With us adults getting the very mature Dark Knight movie this summer, its nice for kids to have a good, fun, somewhat light Batman show to enjoy. The Batman seemed somewhat schizophrenic as it was aimed at a younger audience than BTAS and it's offshoots, but it's imagery was in a lot of ways more disturbing. This one seems kid-friendly but adult-likeable all the way.

I just hope CN gets behind this. I've yet to see an on-air advertisement for it, and I've been seeing "Secret Saturdays" pushed for months. And now it's wall-to-wall Clone War ads on CN and Boomerang. They better promote B&B like this!

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Captain
                      Fighting the good fight!
                      • Jun 17, 2001

Originally posted by aquatroy
                      I think the toon will be just fine.
                      BAT - BLOG : BATMAN TOYS and COLLECTIBLES: SDCC Video, BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD Animated TV Show Cartoon Trailer From The San Diego Comic Con!
                      Scroll down a bit. There's an embedded YouTube video. The trailer looks awesome!
                      I've seen this trailer before (probably somebody posted it here). Bader sounds so much like Conroy when he says "Jigs up Kite Man" that I never noticed it wasn't Conroy before. Crisis (controversy) averted.....Guess I shouldnt have judged the guy based on Beverly Hillbillies...I kinda expected something like "Gol-lee Kite Man, the jig shur enough is up you varmint".
                      Love the music....it has that Neil Hefti/classic Batman theme vibe to it.

As for Legion toys....I did some snooping, and the only reference I could find was the statement by a Mattel exec that there would be a 4 pack of Legion figures done as a website exclusive with someone...
                      ".Plus the yet-to-be-determined two other website-exclusive 4-packs (Shazam-themed & Legion-themed…if they follow the same format as the TNBA pack it’ll be Shazam, Mary, Junior and Black Adam & then Superboy, Brainiac, Lightning Lad & Saturn Girl)"

Obviously, this never happened.
                      Last edited by Captain; Sep 28, '08, 1:13 AM.
                      "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Pretty sure the 4 packs are still in the works as mattycollector exclusives.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• AJJ
                          • Dec 4, 2007

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lue_Beetle.jpg

The picture from the Wikipedia site.
                          With no power comes no responsibility. Clerks 2

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎