X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

Star Raiders Yick

Took a ridiculously long time. but finally did a Mego-ized kitbashed version of Yick from the Star Raiders. I've had him sitting around for probably going on 2 years now, but just haven't been able to settle on the way to update him. For some reason, I really, REALLY hate the original jacket design for the figure. I know it's supposed to be like a nautical captain type uniform, but all I get is Little Lord Fauntleroy vibes, which does not make for an intimidating alien raider. I finally settled on an American revolution jacket from Classic TV Toys with an added red collar and some of the trimming I used on my reproduction of the Star Trek Talos costume (it's pretty close to the Talos trim, so it feels nice and Mego-y). A quick pair of aqua pants with a pleather strip and buckle for a belt (a-la the Duke Boys) and a pair of repro Kilingon boots for a more imposing Yick. His head is a resin repro. He's basically the last one until I find a repro of the Really-an-Truly-I'm-Not-Chewbacca Flash head.
    yick2.jpgyick1.jpgstarraiders.jpg
  • battmasterson
    Career Member
    • Dec 22, 2010

I love the figure. I understand about these projects taking so long. I also really like the group shot of the figures. They all look great.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

I love the group shot as well, the figures look really nice.

Comment

• apes3978
        Permanent Member
        • Nov 19, 2005

Cool figure-he looks devilish.

Great group shot as well.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎