X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

The Shade

And someone else to bedevil the Justice Society, the Shade. Made from a Heroes of the Ice head with a hat from a repro Penguin head and a standard body. I went back and forth on whether to use a skinny body for him, but the skinny body seemed a little TOO skinny for him. I need to tweak that one spot on the right side of the head where the mask isn't quite meeting the hat (didn't notice that until I looked at the photo).
    shade1.jpgshade2.jpgshade3.jpg
  • battmasterson
    Career Member
    • Dec 22, 2010

Wow! Nice job. I would have never thought of him. You are very thorough.

Comment

• scott metzger
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 9, 2007

I'm considering changing my middle name to "Deep-Cut." (Although the Shade did appear in Stargirl, so I guess he's not that obscure).

Comment

• MRP
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2016

Really like this one. One of my favorite characters from Robinson's Starman run, and his 2 minis(both by Robinson) are both awesome reads. The custom looks great.

-M
        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Really sharp looking custom.

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

Wow Shade is both villain, anti-hero, and adventure since he has lived for so long. Great Job!
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• apes3978
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 19, 2005

Nice work on him.

Comment

• bobws
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 13, 2008

Yeah he was good i Stargirl and you made him look real good . So how is your Injustice society coming along? How many are done?
                "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by bobws
                  Yeah he was good i Stargirl and you made him look real good . So how is your Injustice society coming along? How many are done?
                  There's so many iterations of the Injustice Society, I'm kind of picking and choosing the ones I like best. So far the IS members I have are Wizard, Vandal Savage, Per Degaton, Icicle, Huntress, and Sportsmaster from the pre-crisis era. I can't find anything about Shade being a member until after the Crisis. I am considering Fiddler and the Gambler, but Fiddler has the challenge of finding a 1/9 scale violin (or making one, which might be an even bigger challenge). Thinker and Brain Wave in their classic looks are kind of generic, with BW being easily mistaken for Dr. Sivana. His Bronze Age look might be cool, though (but a bit redundant if I get around to making Infinity, Inc.).

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎