X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Jonny Quest Scuba Diving

I have watched Jonny Quest for decades so when FTC made these available, I got one set along with a loose Jonny to do make the scuba diver version. The display shelf was my nephews Octonauts shelf I created for him so when he comes over he has a playself of his own.

Jonny is just wearing the Action Jackson scuba accessories and since he mostly wore a black speedo I just painted his torso black. The yellow flippers are from one of my nephews' toys that fit better on his feet.

Jonny was looking for the sunken treasure before the agents of Dr. Zin makes off with it.

Jonny Quest Scuba Diving 1.jpg

Jonny Quest Scuba Diving 2.jpg

Jonny Quest Scuba Diving 3.jpg

Jonny Quest Scuba Diving 4.jpg

Jonny Quest Scuba Diving 5.jpg

I have to thank LaserMego for the stand. It really came in handy.

Also Jonny is show up in this week's Svengoolie showcase.
    Last edited by monitor_ep; Feb 8, '22, 8:22 PM.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

Cool display...

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

Great setup. I really wanted to get Jonny and the gang, but the lack of Bandit made me never pull the trigger. A while back I was going to go ahead and get them anyway, but they're sold out of several characters and it doesn't seem like they plan on restocking.

Feels like FTC could have done more, done stuff like you've made here, adventure sets based on episodes and maybe some villains.

But oddly they never even made Bandit much less a bad guy.

I guess the sales weren't there.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Great diorama. No Bandit or Dr. Zin convinced me I did the right thing in passing on these, though.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Thank you for the compliments. I liked how this turned out. Like I said my nephew loved Octonauts so much I have a small fortune invested in them. Creating the reef got me started back into customing. Glad I was able to incorporate it into a Mego display.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• RonnyG
            Career Member
            • Apr 23, 2014

Cool "underwater" backdrop, and I like how you told a story through pictures.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Very cool display, nice how it all came together for you, JQ was a great show.

Comment

• ToyBob
                Museum Patron
                • Feb 21, 2022

That is a pretty sweet build. Was just thinking about scuba and thinking we still do it but other than LEGO you don't see it much anymore in toys, weird.
                I believe in psychics, but I also believe in charlatans and mental illness.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎