Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • almitysufx
    Persistent Member
    • May 27, 2004

The Fact that it was made using a type 2 body is all Hugh's fault, lol. he asked me to do a Grodd like 6 years back. It was my third or fourth custom, and when we talked about it he was stuck on the idea that it had to be a type 2 body. (just one of his quirks) It made for a good challenge. I remember him saying " just make a gorilla head with a fur suit" I don't think he was expecting much at the time. The way to make him appear heafty was bigger feet and hands. Here's an early pic of the nekid grodd

The suit really fills him out. The chest was a last minute thing that brought it together. Yes it is from a fat body, Super glue gel and two sided adhesive are what hold it in place.
    I had started a second grodd for the 2004 MegoCon custom contest, but didn't have the time to finish him. The head on this Grodd is that head, it went to New York and back it's been in my parts bin for nearly 4 years waiting for a reason to be finished. Thanks to Scott and a few other members searching out custom Grodds I got the chance to have a reason to make this second one.

Thanks for the great responses everybody!

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

This is a real Outstanding figure ED. Kuddo's.
      & BTW,.. your Tygra looks great on me Shelf too.
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

re: What Ed said...

Many times I will push a customizer into the Type 2 direction because it helps
        keeps them focused consciously or subconsciously on something more in scale
        with the majority of the other figures I have on display.

Anyways again---great job Ed! And yes Martin, that's one hell of a toy you got there!
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• ScottA
          Original Member
          • Jun 25, 2001

This is one of my favorite Grodd customs. Nice work.
          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Action Martin
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by huedell
            Many times I will push a customizer into the Type 2 direction because it helps keeps them focused consciously or subconsciously on something more in scale with the majority of the other figures I have on display.
            I prefer customs to be T-2 for the same reason. Just before I commissioned the Grodd figure I was going to attempt to create my own Solomon Grundy. I've seen Hulk as Grundy done to death and never really cared for the look. The squat look and oversized muscles aren't Grundy to me. As luck would have it Mr. Havoc had just made a custom Grundy on a T-2 body with a Hulk head and it was gorgeous. He decided to make a better one for himself so now I own his original.

Originally posted by huedell
            And yes Martin, that's one hell of a toy you got there!
            Thanks!
            Scott

Comment

• fembot
              Amazon Queen
              • Jun 28, 2008

Love it, the last picture looks like he is rockin' out
              Natalie

Comment

• Action Martin
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 30, 2007

Kneel before Grodd!

Gorilla Grodd arrived today! And he looks GREAT! I am truly amazed at how beautiful this custom Mego really is. Ed, take a bow. You are THE MAN! Thanks again.
                Scott

Comment

• Blackkryptonite
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 28, 2006

Wow, that's an impressive monkey suit! Nice work.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎