X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Reproduction Mego figure custom

Early 2000's Palisades repro Baron Karza and Andromeda set, in clear light-blue and black. Palisades only released clear with black, and clear-red with black.

• LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Here's a clear-purple Force Commander that my camera makes look blue. It's really a cool dark purple with black accessories. Not pictured are black horse legs with black hooves. He also has a Baron Karza head the same color. I wish my camera would take a picture of it's true color.

Comment

• Neutron X
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 22, 2007

Sharp! I love that you can customize the clear versions into those customs you want. The purple horse with the black main works well!
      Last edited by Neutron X; Oct 17, '16, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• MRP
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2016

Nice. I've not seen much of the Pallisades stuff in person myself, and don't have any of it yet, but maybe someday.

-M
        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Kit-bash all black w/red eyes Palisades Baron Karza and Andromeda set. All just parts switching from other figures. Not much of a custom, but really cool looking. He even comes with a black cloth cape, that was released with the Emperor figure.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
            Persistent Member
            • Apr 28, 2013

Well, that looks fantastic! Looks great without the red!

Comment

• Vinny0026
              Year Five!!
              • Jan 26, 2012

They all look great - I think the Black one looks real sharp!
              "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Halloween Baron Karza. I need to track down his other hand. It's here somewhere...

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Clear-red with red accents and black eyes, Baron Karza and Andromeda.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                    Persistent Member
                    • Apr 28, 2013

Looks good! Did you have to do anything with the clear Andromeda legs? I heard quite a few of them were cracked and brittle? Have you ever seen pictures of Austin Richards' plated magnos? He had quite a few done. I would imagine the cost was pretty steep.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
                      Looks good! Did you have to do anything with the clear Andromeda legs? I heard quite a few of them were cracked and brittle? Have you ever seen pictures of Austin Richards' plated magnos? He had quite a few done. I would imagine the cost was pretty steep.

http://micronautshomeworld.blogspot....agno%20Figures
                      I tried to buy some of the colored chrome Magno figures from Austin, but they were two grand for a set of four figures.(and they were sold already) I did buy most of his Magno collection, which he sold to buy a car.

I own all the figures from the top shelf here.

And I own all the figures in the picture below, except for the blue and clear Baron Karza and the red-chrome King Atlas. I just got most of the figures from this picture yesterday. I'm expecting two more boxes of figures from Austin to show up tomorrow.

Last edited by LonnieFisher; Nov 14, '16, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                        Persistent Member
                        • Apr 28, 2013

I just read last night that he had sold them off. Good to hear some of his collection went to a good home. I was just talking to a local hobby store owner about the fellow that did the plating on his figures and how he stopped doing it as he wasnt making any money (I think that was a few years ago that he stopped). No one wanted to pay very much to have it done (auto parts). I would put money on it that Austin paid top dollar to get them done. He made road trips out to see the operation more than once if my memory serves.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
                          Looks good! Did you have to do anything with the clear Andromeda legs?
                          The clear legs are almost all damaged from the factory riveting them, and the fact that the plastic is so brittle. Even if they look intact, they mostly have cracks in the joints. I have very few that are still holding together on their own. I've been repairing some with superglue, but the results are mixed.
                          The red-clear legs are not as bad as the regular clear ones. The plastic isn't quite as brittle, but the legs are just about as fragile.
                          The black legs are better quality plastic, so they don't come broken like the clear.
                          I think I might make molds and cast better quality ones for the bunch of legless horses I have.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎