Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megowgsh
    Customego HoF Curator
    • Nov 19, 2003

The Music Meister -- from Batman: The Brave and the Bold animated series 2009

Simply stated, the "Mayhem of the Music Meister" is the single, greatest animated super-hero cartoon ever produced. EVER PRODUCED!!!!

It is an episode of the Batman: The Brave and the Bold animated series. The episode features the villainous Music Meister (voiced by Neil Patrick Harris), who uses his power to control people through song to try to take over the world. Written by Mike Jelenic and directed by Ben Jones, the episode premiered on October 23, 2009, the 24th of the first season.

From the very first note I realized I was in for something special. From the entire script being set to music to the 14 different costume changes by the Music Meister to the love quadrangle between MM, Batman, Black Canary, and Green Arrow to the first-ever animated versions
    of dozens of Batman villains from the 1966 Adam West live-action show to the dulcet baritone of Aquaman, this episode fulfilled every promise of what a super-hero cartoon could be.

My favorite number is "Drive Me Bats".

Here is an image of the Music Meister in the costume he wore the most during the episode and the first version of him I chose to make:

And here he is in Mego form in the same pose:

He is built on an original Mego Type 2 body with purple hands from CTVT; head is an FTC Richie Cunningham head modified with the glasses; shoes and hat from CTVT; suit from the amazing Hawkmike; coat buttons from the incredible pmwasson/LaserMego; and the Music Meister wand from the fabulous Todd Mello/Fanmade.

Under the spell of the Music Meister!

This custom is just the beginning of my Music Meister undertaking. According to my calculations, he had no fewer than 14 costume changes in this episode and I plan on making each and every one along with a playset of the TBTB night club stage where he held Batman and Black Canary hostage. I believe this project could take the better part of a year to complete but I wanted to give you just a little taste of what I have in the works. Wish me luck!

I hope you enjoy my customs as much as I do, and, as always, thanks for looking!

Peace, Love, and Megos!

Austin
    Last edited by megowgsh; Mar 5, '16, 12:38 PM.
    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms
  • cockyhoskins
    Career Member
    • Jan 13, 2009

Incredible, as always! He could also be a custom Elton John! LOL!

Love it!

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Crikey! That's terrific. And I agree with you about the episode.
      Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 13, '15, 4:27 PM.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• K
        Fun Will Now Commence
        • Jun 20, 2001

Wow wow wow. I'm not familiar with the character but you sure did nail it!
        I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• gman
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 4, 2002

I agree it is one of the best cartoons ever made. One of my daughter's favorite. Pure Mego-customs genius!!! Can't wait to see what is next for this project. Now I have " He's the Music Meister!!! And he's here to set the score!!" Stuck in my head!!
          Don't be sorry. How would you know? You've been watching MTV all your life.

Comment

• newlyknighted
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 21, 2010

I had the same feeling when i saw this cartoon! This custom is Greater than Great! Awesomer than Awesome! Bester than Bestest! Cannot wait for the rester of the restest! Ok. I've gone too far now.
            I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• mjaycox
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 16, 2008

When Austin first told me about 5 months ago that he was going to do this character, I thought he had flipped his lid.

Now I am sure of it!

Love the purple coat and the music note buttons.

His zoot suit (which is what this is) needs his gold pocket chain. Nice use of the Richie Cunningham. I kept looking at it wondering whose face was under there.

Matt
              Warm up?! We may as well sit around this cigarette!

Comment

• hawkmike
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2003

Cooking with gas now brother! Nice job!
                wanted mego arch reactor

Comment

• daz71
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2014

wow what a custom.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 4, 2011

Another FANTASTIC figure! There is no doubt this is a passion for you. It shows. Thanks for sharing buddy!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I'm pleased to see so many fans of this here--I'd assumed (my mistake) that the show's combination of musical theatre and superheroes would be seen as frivolous. I'm a great fan of the show, its tone & music, and NPH.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

nice looking figure, not as big a fan of the episode as you, tho.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• monitor_ep
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 11, 2013

I love this character and the ReMego of him, great job!
                          Last edited by monitor_ep; Sep 13, '15, 2:40 PM.
                          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• pmwasson
                            Maker
                            • Sep 12, 2007

He turned out great! Nice job.
                            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• ScottA
                              Original Member
                              • Jun 25, 2001

I so remember that episode. Awesome job sir.
                              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎