X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

Battle raged Mego Thor

Hey all, it's been awhile since I posted here (life and all that, get's busy).

A friend of mine is a big Thor fan and likes to stare at my glass cabinets and check out my Megos. So one day he asked me if I could get or put together a Mego Thor figure for him. I told him I could fix up one of my Thor beaters in my extra bin but he said he wanted something new or customized. I told him I would have to think about that (knowing Diamond's Thor probably won't see the light of day until the end of the year).

A few weeks later I was snooping on the Figure Toys Company website and scrolling through their custom extras they sell and I was surprised to see they had these Conan heads with red, black, brown and blond hair. Then I noticed they were selling repo- Thor and Ironman boots/gloves.

I bought everything you see here from the Figures Toy Company Website.
    The hammer and helmet come from Dr. Mego.

The body suit was a combination of a light blue suit they made with a separate black torso piece they sell. I crafted them together and designed shoulder pieces with a red cloak. I had to do a little sewing, tucking and refitting but all came together. (Thank you Di).

It is not an official "Custom" but I thought some of you would get a kick out what I call a "Battle raged Mego Thor" (due to the angry Conan face.)
    Take it from me, Figures Toy Company seems to be winning in the custom race. (no offense to Dr. Mego who still makes the flawless bodies)....there are some cool items on their page for customizing. You can literally put or design anyone from their page's spare stuff.
    My friend was happy, so all is cool there.

More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...
  • ZombieJimC
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 12, 2014

Awesome!!!

Comment

• Boywonder0
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 29, 2007

Very well made!

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Nice idea on the blond Conan head, I like it.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

Nice!!! You might even say Thoriffic!!!
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• apes3978
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 19, 2005

I like this figure...

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡