Awesome!!! Excellent work!!!
    Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
    My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

I really like this one. He looks very megoey and captures the character to a T
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• renegade
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 16, 2010

Do you have a shot of your collection perhaps in the Toyroom? OR a link to the thread if so?

Comment

• spamn
          Minty and All-Original!
          • Mar 28, 2002

Great figure, old thread or not. What's funny is that I have the exact same relationship to the character; never read any story he was in, but saw the character in ads and thought he looked bad ash. Was surprised to eventually find out he wasn't a permanent arch-villain for Spidey.

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by spamn
            Great figure, old thread or not. What's funny is that I have the exact same relationship to the character; never read any story he was in, but saw the character in ads and thought he looked bad ash. Was surprised to eventually find out he wasn't a permanent arch-villain for Spidey.

Awesome "relating" post there spamn...

Originally posted by Astronut
            Thread from the dead, lol

WOW! FREAKING AWESOME, MAN. VERY, nice. I notice the slight touches, like how the boots have both blue and black, like they inked/colorized him back in the day.

I did a Famous Covers version years ago (I did a whole mess of obscure villains) but sold it along with all of the other FC customs I did.

I'm getting the bug to start doing custom Megos now that Mattel's Retro-Action line is out there...
            Good thoughts for ya with your custom endeavors!

....what a treat it was to find this "very Ed" thread bumped this morning...

...ladies & gents, it's been the longest break that Ed's taken in the SUPERHERO genre (BTW...great recent monsters again, Ed!)...

BUT.... Ed's been hard at work on a few comic costumed characters
            including TWO "Marvel U" characters that I'm thinking of particularly,
            that I just know will blow away the Mego-era superhero fans!

Cool TARANTULA...still love, love, LOVE it after about two years later
            and a "sculpty to vinyl" switch for the back of the headband!

Bless!
            Last edited by huedell; Sep 29, '10, 8:28 AM.
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by renegade
              Do you have a shot of your collection perhaps in the Toyroom? OR a link to the thread if so?

Thanks renegade...this is it:
              Mego Talk

Thanks for the interest, man!

Many custom figure photo updates needed
              in that linked "toy room" thread of mine,
              ...still... that thread is about one year newer
              than THIS thread---ha ...
              ....and WILL be in the (hopefully near) future edited to a newer era!
              Last edited by huedell; Sep 29, '10, 8:31 AM.
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• megocrazy
                Museum Trouble Maker
                • Feb 18, 2007

Love the Tarantula. Clean, simple, and very Megoesque.
                It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Astronut
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 21, 2010

Originally posted by renegade
                  I don't think I have any pics left... it was nearly ten years ago when I did them. Just the other day I tried Google searches but came up short. I did Nova, Luke Cage, Absorbing Man, loads of them. My hero at the time was Nick in the U.K. who did a bazillion custom FCs, all 100% awesome! I really loved doing obscure characters like Morbius, Firebrand, Blizzard, The Jackal, Tarantula, Carrion... I had a total blast. My wife helped big time, sewing outfits based on materials I sourced. I did the sculpting work. I know I submitted all kinds of pics to custom FC galleries back then. Is there a popular Famous Covers custom gallery that I may not be aware of that is still running? Maybe someone still has pics of them, I have no idea.
                  Last edited by Astronut; Sep 29, '10, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Astronut
                    I don't think I have any pics left... it was nearly ten years ago when I did them. Just the other day I tried Google searches but came up short. I did Nova, Luke Cage, Absorbing Man, loads of them. My hero at the time was Nick in the U.K. who did a bazillion custom FCs, all 100% awesome! I really loved doing obscure characters like Morbius, Firebrand, Blizzard, The Jackal, Tarantula, Carrion... I had a total blast. My wife helped big time, sewing outfits based on materials I sourced. I did the sculpting work. I know I submitted all kinds of pics to custom FC galleries back then. Is there a popular Famous Covers custom gallery that I may not be aware of that is still running? Maybe someone still has pics of them, I have no idea.
                    Apologies Astro/reneg... I mistakenly thought the request was to me!

Comment

• JMC
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 3, 2004

I like your work, Very cool.

Comment

• yokaijohn
                        Keep it coolin', baby
                        • Oct 1, 2008

Awesome!He would fit in very nicely along side the original Mego Spider-Man.Very!Kudos to Ed!
                        Last edited by yokaijohn; Sep 30, '10, 1:14 PM.
                        Monsters and much more by YokaiJohn on Etsy

Comment

• madmarva
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jul 7, 2007

Love it. My first Spidey comic had the Tarantula in it.

Comment

• Brazoo
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 14, 2009

That's one heck of a custom!

Comment

• Astronut
                              Veteran Member
                              • Sep 21, 2010

Originally posted by madmarva
                              Love it. My first Spidey comic had the Tarantula in it.
                              Dude. Mine too!

Comment

• LAST SON OF KRYPTON
                                Veteran Member
                                • Mar 15, 2010

That is one cool,crisp,looking figure you got there Sir!
                                You are definitely one of the best customizers here in the MEGO community.
                                Any new project in mind or in the works right now?
                                I'm here to fight for truth, and justice, and the American way.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎