Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Would it be giving away a trade secret to say where you got that fabric? It's perfect!

Comment

• Type3Toys
      Home Of The Type3 Body
      • Jan 18, 2005

Originally posted by stevemoore
      Would it be giving away a trade secret to say where you got that fabric? It's perfect!
      Well Steve, I found this fabric(green body suit) at a local chain store called the rag shop. That was about 5 years ago.
      LOOK
      Action Figure Design & Prototypes
      For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
      To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• mego73
        Printed paperboard Tiger
        • Aug 1, 2003

Looks great as I remember when you first made one.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
          Formerly known as Del
          • Dec 12, 2004

Those gauntlets are neat. Did you use a ping-pong ball for his head? It always seemed to me that one of those would be the right size for Mysterio.
          Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
          https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
          http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• Marvelmania
            A Ray of Sunshine
            • Jun 17, 2001

Probably my favorite Spidey bad guy. As well made as I've ever seen him done. Awesome John!

Comment

• brineb
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 26, 2006

Wonderful job as always!!! The photos are great too, really shows them off!!!
              I also play with other dolls:
              http://brineb.blogspot.com/

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

Oh my---did Johnny Romita just do a MEGO figure---'cause it sure LOOKS like he did!! TT3, your rendition perfectly captures what embodied Romita's take on Mysterio: it's mysterious, alluring and dangerous all at the same time! The work on the bodysuit is wonderful (how did you achieve that pattern?) and the cape and gauntlets are dead on, along with the "eyes" on his cape (an aspect of Mysterio that always creeped me out a little as a kid). I think what really pushes this piece over the top though is the hands (perfect gestures) and, of course, Mysterio's infamous fishbowl helmet. I've seen a lot of custom Mysterio's that were good bordering on great, but somehow or another, the scale or placement of the fishbowl was incorrect. You, my friend, got it just perfect!! Perfect size, scale and placement! Give yourself a standing ovation on what I consider to be one of the best and most bad@$$ customs I've ever seen!!
                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎