X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captain
    Fighting the good fight!
    • Jun 17, 2001

meet the "Jurassic Gang"!

Instead of reworking an existing villian for these guys, I just made em' up. Once again, simple kitbashing and some dinosaur finger puppets made these easy.

As the story goes, Lamont Johnson was born and raised in the "Suicide Slums" district of Gotham City. Like most kids in the slums, Lamond saw crime as the only way to work his way out of the squalor. He began running "errands" for Crime Boss Tony Zucco. Zucco took a liking to the kid, and seeing some talent in young Lamont, helped him get a football scholarship to Hudson University. Lamont excelled at football, and soon found himself the star quarterback of the Bluddhaven Bombardiers NFL team.

On the Bombardiers, Lamont befriended a half witted linebacker Tony Gunn. Like Lamont, tony grew up in Suicide Slum, and had worked for Zucco in the past.

As we all know, Zucco was responsible for the death of Dick Graysons family. A crime which sent him to the electric chair. With Tony Zucco dead, his operations began falling apart.....especially Suicide Slum, where ironically Zucco's strong hold on the area kept a sort of peace. With Zucco gone all hell broke loose and the slum became a battleground of warring gangs and mob factions. During one battle, Lamonts grandmother (who raised him) was killed by stray gun fire.

Angered at the lose of his Grandmother, and Zucco...who was like a father to him, Lamont decided to become a crime boss himself, take over Zuccos operations..and maintain order in Suicide Slum.

Of course it wouldnt do to have a newly retired famous NFL Quarterback running a mob operation, so Lamont pulled a page out of Batmans book and took on a new identity. Seeing dinosaurs as the strongest, meanest critters to ever walk the earth, Lamont decided to use Dinosaurs as his "theme". Of cource the Tyranosaurus Rex was the king of the dinosaurs, thus was born King Rex!

Tony, ever faithful to Lamont, became his right hand man--Tommy Gun Tony. Lamont had come up with a dinosaur name to tie into Tony's Triceratops mask, but Tony couldnt pronounce "Triceratops", so the Tommy Gun name was coined instead.

Lamont loves the finer things in life, and always dresses in the best, drives the best, and insists on nothing less than the (you guessed it) best!
    Tony is the exact opposite. A slob to shame all other slobs. Still wears bell bottoms and listens to disco music. A chilli dog is the height of culinary delights for this monster of a man.

King Rex surrounded himself with the best of Zucco's old gang (all now sporting dino masks of their own), and retook much of Zucco's old "kingdom". putting him and his "Jurassic Gang" on the map of not only the Gotham PD and Batman, but of other crime bosses like Sterling Silversmith, Clayface, and the Penquin!!!

King Rex

Tommy Gun Tony

"Crayons taste like purple!"
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Pretty cool, sure looks like they fell right out of the early silver age comics.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Kal-El
      Kirby is King
      • May 6, 2008

What the?....
      sigpic

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        Pretty cool, sure looks like they fell right out of the early silver age comics.
        Exactly, fits right in there.
        Looking good man
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Kryptonite Kid
          Museum Gunslinger
          • Oct 15, 2007

Something you don't see everyday is always a good thing
          NO SIR, I DIDN'T SEE YOU PLAYING WITH YOUR DOLLS AGAIN.

My Blog MCKENZIE MCKUSTOMS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mckustoms/

Flickr: CUSTOM MEGO SHOWCASE

MY GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• Jerry68
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 12, 2008

Clever!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

• Captain_Mego
              Vet.
              • May 22, 2007

That's a neat Idea,I like them.

Comment

• Cmonster
                Banned
                • Feb 6, 2010

Very cool idea and well done. If those were around in the 70's, I would have gotten them for sure. I was a dinosaur freak.

SC

Comment

• Megospidey
                  Museum Webslinger
                  • Jul 26, 2006

Man, I would have been all over these as a kid...I loved dinosaurs.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎