The Mego Museum needs your help!
The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Killer Kane – Buck Rogers Customs

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mikeoz
    Mego Maker
    • Mar 9, 2007
    • 1464

    Killer Kane – Buck Rogers Customs

    I still visit the Museum, but I haven’t made a custom figure in a very long time. I’m semi-retired now and have had some time to start customs again.

    Some of my favorite “New Mego” figures were from the Buck Rogers line by Zica. Unfortunately, only two were ever produced – Buck and Tiger Man. I’ve been on a quest to complete the proposed Zica line and add to it.

    Here is a custom I made of Killer Kane from the pilot episode. The head is a shrunken down Mego 12” head that Austin made me and I painted. The suit is by the very talented Brian Leitner of chickencoupcustoms . He made the suit several years ago and I never got around to completing the figure. Boots are by Classic TV Toys and gun and belt buckle were 3d modeled by me.
    ​
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.
    Looking for:
    Lincoln Phantom of the Opera
  • BudgetMego
    Career Member
    • Dec 29, 2025
    • 625

    #2
    I looked at them all, and they're fantastic. Will you ever do a Michael Ansara head to switch out? I know Mego did a little Draco figure, but I didn't know the show cast the part. Didn't remember seeing him. The Heuer head looks like it could make a classic Adama. Wilma is great too. I never realized how beautiful Erin Gray was. Any chance of Ardala or the Vorvon(space Dracula)?

    Comment

    • apes3978
      Talkative Member
      • Nov 19, 2005
      • 5229

      #3
      He looks good, great paints too.

      Comment

      • TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011
        • 9168

        #4
        That came out really nice, great job.

        Comment

        • monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013
          • 9892

          #5
          My best compliment: That looks store bought!

          Love the suit and head, great job.
          Visit my wiki site:

          Comic Books in the Media

          To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

          Monitor_EP Deviantart page

          Action Jackson Road Trip log

          Comment

          • mikeoz
            Mego Maker
            • Mar 9, 2007
            • 1464

            #6
            Thanks! Brian Leitner did a fantastic job with the suit. I’ve always liked the Mego sculpt of Kane. I think it does a great job capturing the likeness of Henry Silva.
            Looking for:
            Lincoln Phantom of the Opera

            Comment

            • mikeoz
              Mego Maker
              • Mar 9, 2007
              • 1464

              #7
              Originally posted by BudgetMego
              I looked at them all, and they're fantastic. Will you ever do a Michael Ansara head to switch out? I know Mego did a little Draco figure, but I didn't know the show cast the part. Didn't remember seeing him. The Heuer head looks like it could make a classic Adama. Wilma is great too. I never realized how beautiful Erin Gray was. Any chance of Ardala or the Vorvon(space Dracula)?
              Thank you! Yes. Eventually I’d like to make customs of Vorvon and Ardala.
              Looking for:
              Lincoln Phantom of the Opera

              Comment

              • sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009
                • 6779

                #8
                Wow, even more Buck customs! These are all great. Killer Kane may be my favorite of all.

                Comment

                • PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008
                  • 20330

                  #9
                  Excellent!
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎