"I want a head!" "Give me your head!" In time for Halloween, I've been having fun with skeletons and skulls. This is another custom I started last year, but put away. I could never find the right "head". I always thought Jack O Lanterns always looked too cartoony and couldn't find one to scale anyway. Then the bendy skeletons came out, and I've been watching the Halloween shows on Food Network (I turned into my parents years ago). They can carve anything out of pumpkins. I thought if they could do it, why couldn't the supernatural force that animated the Horseman? I just imagined that he had a skull carved from a pumpkin instead of a Jack O Lantern. I used a skull from the bendy skeletons, painted it orange and used some dark highlights to make it look like there was "meat on the bone". Made on a Trek body. Kept the Trek pants. I made the top and the cape. The frills are made from material from a reusable shopping bag. I attached the head loosely so it can come off easily. The sword is a Conan type. I made the axe. He's riding on one of the skeletal unicorns from the dollar store. Not really scale. Tried to do a scary background. I still had another skeleton so I decided to also do the Horseman from Supernatural Thrillers #6. By Gary Friedrich and George Tuska. A skeletal rider with a flaming skull. Where'd that idea come from Gary? Has a green cape, and Apache Chief boots. I made some flame for the skull. Painted the hands brown.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Headless Horsemen
Collapse
X
-
Tags: None
-
Love the headless horsemen. Turned out great!Visit my wiki site:
Comic Books in the Media
To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:
Monitor_EP Deviantart page
Action Jackson Road Trip log


Comment