X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

Updating Some Legion Heads

Decided to do a little updating to my Legion figures. I made these late 80's-early 90's when there wasn't a whole lot of heads to chose from, so there was a lot of re-used noggins. With significantly more heads available to me now, I'm trying to diversify and give them a bit more distinct looks. Started out with Lighning Lad (a new sculpt Captian Kirk head replacing a classic Kirk head), Princess Projectra (Dorothy head), Star Boy (Planet of the Apes Astronaut head), and Brainiac 5 (Heroes of the Ice Modano head). Re-sculpted hair on the guys and new doll hair on Projectra. The last picture shows the original heads.
    Attached Files
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Nice job on these, they came out great, love the POTA Astronaut with goatee.

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

The old ones were good, but these are even better.

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

Nice upgrades!
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• battmasterson
          Career Member
          • Dec 22, 2010

Nice idea with the updates. The figures look good. Great job.

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

Saturn Girl with a new noggin (old one is the second pic):
            Attached Files

Comment

• apes3978
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 19, 2005

They really look good.

Comment

• scott metzger
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 9, 2007

Next, Light Lass with a modern Mego Full House Stephanie head with a new hairdo, and Invisible Kid II with a flocked modern Muhammad Ali head. Second pic is the original heads.
                Attached Files

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

Continuing on updating Legionnaires: Ultra Boy, Legion financier R.J. Brand, and Tyroc. Ultra Boy and Tyroc kept their heads, just got some upgrading. Brand swaps out the old Scotty head for a modern Mego Cliff from the Cheers series.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Nice work--varied yet cohesive in style.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

This time, Science Police Legion liaison Shvaugn Erin. Most of the updates I've done have been to add some variety to the figures, as back when I originally made them there were a lot less options available for base heads and my hair sculpting/replacing skills were not as developed. In this case, the original hair on the head actually did match the way they looked in some appearances, but the straight hair she had for a while was more distinct compared to the other characters (and makes them look less like a strawberry blonde Supergirl), so I decided to go with that. So not a lot of alterations, same head, different hair (brushed out yarn), and a few additions to the belt.

This may be my last update of an existing figure; I'm considering trying to do a new Validus head, but the clear dome over the brain was always an issue, and the current head is sewn onto the neck, so I don't want to wreck that part trying to get the noggin off. Also not sure the white material I have now would match the white material on the figure (yes, there can be surprising differences in the shades of white you see in fabric). I will be adding a few new denizens of the 30th century soon, though I am running into some design/construction challenges with Arm-Fall-Off Boy...​
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎