Help support the Mego MuseumThe Mego Museum needs your help!
Help support the Mego MuseumThe Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New from Classicplastick!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

New from Classicplastick!!!

Wes and I have been talking for awhile about making an alternative size gloves to fit custom sized figures for the smaller bodies like the Lion Rock or as we call them the "Titan Sized Custom Gloves"

Wesley shipped me a bunch of prototypes and I am very thrilled. This is a perfect glove for these sized figures. They are more malleable and fit well to the hand and thumb of the finger, making it easy to put stuff in their hands.

Excuse the bad pictures but I put a pair each on two of my customs to see if it would look better and I am pleased how well this material squeezed at this smaller size wraps tightly around the hands and arms.

Besides the black and red colors, Wes can pretty much make them in any color you want. Just shoot him an email and ask him. Here are a couple of other examples. If you are breaking down and making a Titan sized custom original Robin, these green pair look pretty good. Or if you just can't afford an original Aqualad or looking to complete a figure...

For some people looking for a snug glove on their bigger figures, this would work also. Just keep in mind they'll be pretty snug.

All for the low price of 10 clams you can own these babies!!

Anyone interested in learning about more of Wes's incredible gloves and other plastic things he designs. You can join his board right here and look around.
    He is working on a new website at the moment but this is where you can look around until that is done.
    The Classic Plastick Toy Company - Home

I put a blue pair on my Powergirl (suit by Brian Leither). I like it. It looks 100% then the cheesey plastic logs on had on her.

I took the green set of "Titan custom gloves" and stretched them on a regular MEGO area 8" sized figure and they are very snug and wrap around each finger, and each finger can be seen through the material nicely.
    Last edited by Cosmicman; Sep 19, '09, 10:07 PM.
    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Well...since the regular sized Gloves are WAY to big....these "Titan" size Gloves might actually fit an 8" Mego.
    sigpic

Comment

• Cosmicman
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by The Bat
      Well...since the regular sized Gloves are WAY to big....these "Titan" size Gloves might actually fit an 8" Mego.
      Yes, if you think they were too big. Send Wes an email and tell him you would like a "Titan Size Custom" glove and tell him what color. I think what you are looking for could be this size.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Looks like they are getting ready to pull cookies out of the oven.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Cosmicman
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          Looks like they are getting ready to pull cookies out of the oven.
          Yes they do but maybe they would be more snug on a bigger figure like The Bat says. I am going to slap them on a regular sized mego and take a picture. The material Wes uses is really stretchy and has a lot of give and molds around the cupped fingers of the mego doll hand. Let me go snap a shot of one with a bigger/regular sized hand to show you what I am talking about and show The Bat up there what he was thinking.

Comment

• Cosmicman
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 12, 2005

For the moment I had to use my camera on my phone because my girlfriend took the camera with her when she left.

So...

I took the green set of "Titan custom gloves" and stretched them on a regular MEGO area 8" sized figure and they are very snug and wrap around each finger, and each finger can be seen through the material nicely.

I guess that would answer some of your questions. If you are looking for a nice tight fit on your doll's hands then the smaller size would work for some.
            Here is a quick shot with my telephone (when my girlfriend gets home I will take a close up later to show what I am talking about.)

Comment

• jasonmego1277
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 9, 2008

Those seem interesting. I should look into these for a few customs I have
              In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Looks like a MUCH better fit!
                sigpic

Comment

• HardyGirl
                  Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                  • Apr 3, 2007

Would there be any issue w/ toy rot if these sat on your figure long enough, fitting so tightly?
                  "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                  'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                  Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                  If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Cosmicman
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by HardyGirl
                    Would there be any issue w/ toy rot if these sat on your figure long enough, fitting so tightly?
                    I have had Wes's gloves on my Golden Age Batman, Regular Black Batman and Earth 2 Robin for almost five years and there is no issue. Maybe dab the hand with a thin coat of Hodge Podge before you stick the glove on the hand and that should solve the problem of "toy rot" or falling off.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                      MeGoing
                      • May 14, 2003

I think they look really good. Especially Robin's.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                        The Packaging King
                        • Dec 31, 2004

Wes does great work (nice guy too)
                        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• classicplastick
                          • Jan 22, 2008

Thanks for the plug, Cat! It's hard to get away from the 'oven mitt' look given the construction and the size but I think too these will be an improvement over my other Mego gloves. They fit closely and have a better defined thumb for holding accessories.

As for 'rot' it's largely dependent on the environment. I've been making rubber gloves for more than ten years- must be hundreds of pairs out there! -and have had only four or five reports of them wearing out or melting, usually owing to air conditioning failure or too dry air. Like Cat, I've displayed the same pairs for years and never had any problems. But since they are made of rubber- like the original GI Joe scuba suits which tended to rot away in storage -I do recommend removing them from the figure every so often and treating them with ArmorAll or a similar product to keep them 'wet', shiny and supple.
                          sigpic
                          Wes
                          Classic Plastick

Comment

• Cosmicman
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 12, 2005

The one thing I noticed when I put the small "Titans custom gloves" on a regular 8" figure, the plastic stretches over the fingers and since the material is really thin, it shows the details of each figure.

If you like to have a 'finger look' and tightness in a glove perhaps ordering the smaller gloves and putting them on a larger figure might work for some (as noted in my post with the fat guy with the green gloves on picture)

...and Wes. I have been buying your gloves for some time now and not one of my figures has "glove doll rot." LOL I love that term. Sounds like something really nasty.

My oldest figure I have made with your normal size Mego style gloves is my Golden Age Batman custom and he has nothing of the sort happening to his gloves. All good here.

Last edited by Cosmicman; Sep 20, '09, 6:41 PM.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                              • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by classicplastick
                              As for 'rot' it's largely dependent on the environment. I've been making rubber gloves for more than ten years- must be hundreds of pairs out there! -and have had only four or five reports of them wearing out or melting, usually owing to air conditioning failure or too dry air. Like Cat, I've displayed the same pairs for years and never had any problems. But since they are made of rubber- like the original GI Joe scuba suits which tended to rot away in storage -I do recommend removing them from the figure every so often and treating them with ArmorAll or a similar product to keep them 'wet', shiny and supple.
                              Actually, I was talking about the dolls hands "melting" as a result of being in the rubber gloves so long. I've had this happen before w/ my GIJoe scuba tanks, wet suits, not to mention Big Jim guys.
                              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎