Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jessica
    fortune favors the bold
    • Nov 5, 2007

Thanks, guys. I have way too many projects started because I get frustrated and keep starting new ones, never really completing anything. So, my goal is to finish this suit so I can send it to its merry way. I have two more suits like this to go, but if I can iron out the kinks with the first one, the next two suits should fly.

I missed you at the forums, Livnxxxl. Also noticed that you were not posting here for awhile, Censy. Glad to see you both are back.
    Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• livnxxxl
      Megoholic RocketScientist
      • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by jessica
      Thanks, guys. I have way too many projects started because I get frustrated and keep starting new ones, never really completing anything. So, my goal is to finish this suit so I can send it to its merry way. I have two more suits like this to go, but if I can iron out the kinks with the first one, the next two suits should fly.

I missed you at the forums, Livnxxxl. Also noticed that you were not posting here for awhile, Censy. Glad to see you both are back.
      Hi Jess, Thanks a bunch for noticing. It is great to be back to interact with all of the cool members here such as yourself and to see all of your neat creations. I took some time away and was on a vacation of sorts. I am still playing catch up here a bit in the forums to see what I had missed out on. Glad to be back in the loop here though.
      Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• jessica
        fortune favors the bold
        • Nov 5, 2007

Here are the pants (still needs a waistband and hemming, but I was too excited and wanted to photograph today, to try to catch the last of the natural sunlight). I can almost see the finish line!!

Last edited by jessica; Aug 16, '08, 7:21 PM.

To do list:
        1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• Hotfoot
          Dazed and Confused
          • Dec 30, 2007

Looking Good.

Sharp Dressed Chimp.

Love the way you pose them too!
          Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• jessica
            fortune favors the bold
            • Nov 5, 2007

Haven't finished his pants yet. Having too much fun taking photographs...

This is the above photo, after getting cropped:

Last edited by jessica; Aug 17, '08, 11:22 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• censy
              thread killer
              • Sep 26, 2007

I'm happy to see the lovely couple enjoying their summer.

Comment

• fembot
                Amazon Queen
                • Jun 28, 2008

All I can say is that is absolutely incredible work!!!!!!!!
                Natalie

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                  MeGoing
                  • May 14, 2003

Stunning Jessica, both in choice of fabric and final product. I HATE sewing, so I just sit back and admire your work. And I'll say once again how much I love your photos.

Comment

• censy
                    thread killer
                    • Sep 26, 2007

The poses you put them in make them look alive. The one where Zira is giggling and Cornelius is leaning against the wall is priceless.

Chris

Comment

• jessica
                      fortune favors the bold
                      • Nov 5, 2007

Check out their new ride. (Can't wait for this to be delivered). Wonderful adventures are in the future for Zira and Cornelius.

To do list:

Comment

• livnxxxl
                        • Oct 23, 2007

Check out their new ride. (Can't wait for this to be delivered). Wonderful adventures are in the future for Zira and Cornelius.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...s/Dsc00044.jpg
                        Jess, Your customs are way too much. Meaning of course they are awesome looking and over the top as far as I am concerned. I cannot wait to see what you do next.

BTW - I have also been thinking in regards to your earlier request for a fabric pattern transfer. Providing that you have a bubble jet printer couldn't you print your design out on some iron on paper and then iron it on some plain white fabric? I am not sure if this is the absolute approach that you are looking for as the final end result. Although I do believe that it might fill in for you in the interim. I have been thinking about doing this to make some of my own designs. What do you think?

Comment

• jessica
                          fortune favors the bold
                          • Nov 5, 2007

Hi, Livxxxl. You can print onto fabric now with an inkjet. I don't have access to a good one. I have an inkjet at home, but I'd rather not burn $$ to purchase cartridges to find out it still SUCKS, so I am waiting for the experts. I'm doing some research on it, but if somebody has already printed successfully on fabric, I'm all ears.

To do list:

Comment

• livnxxxl
                            • Oct 23, 2007

Hi, Livxxxl. You can print onto fabric now with an inkjet. I don't have access to a good one. I have an inkjet at home, but I'd rather not burn $$ to purchase cartridges to find out it still SUCKS, so I am waiting for the experts. I'm doing some research on it, but if somebody has already printed successfully on fabric, I'm all ears.
                            Hi Jess, Totally understandable. I have "heard" of the printing on fabric method although I have not tried it for myself yet. I believe that I have read about it a few times in some craft threads by searching Google. I have been kicking around the idea on printing on fabric myself. I use the iron on technique for mock up test runs and even some emblems every now and then. Please keep me posted as to your findings if you would. I would like to find someone that is good and reputable as well. Thanks for your response.

Comment

• jessica
                              fortune favors the bold
                              • Nov 5, 2007

Look at their new ride!! Doesn't it look great????!!! Their BBQ grill is strapped to the back. I just need to find a bottle of grape juice plus and some goblets...and they're ready to rock and roll!!!

Last edited by jessica; Aug 31, '08, 1:13 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• JediJaida
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 14, 2008

My current sewing battle...

Dang, Jessica! Where'd you score the bike? It is too cute!

Makes Barbie's stuff look really pathetic.
                                JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎