• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Legend of Link
    Career Member
    • Jun 12, 2010

Super Solider

Hello all.

After seeing Scott's beautiful Amalgam figures at the Meet, and of course the exclusive last year, I decided to take my own crack at one.

This has always been a figure I've planned to do. Most of the inspiration behind this bad boy was from Mr. Flatt's article in Toy Fair. I can't even begin to count how many times I've read that article. So much skill and inspiration are in those pages.

I plan on taking most of his ways of doing things and slightly adapting them to a newer age method.
    (For the sole reason I don't/ can't make molds lol)

The Super Solider required a new sculpt so that's where I started.

I'm going to take my time completing this guy, as I have many figures left on the table. But I want to make this one right as homage to Mr Flatt.

Tell me whatcha love and tell me whatcha hate.
    Have a great day everyone!
    -Sean

http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r561/Sgordy199/ <- My Mego Pictures
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

Looks great so far. The sculpt for the head is a great capture of Superman and Cap.

Comment

• boss
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 18, 2003

Looks great so far Sean. I might take the spit curl down a bit, but that's just me.
      Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Legend of Link
        Career Member
        • Jun 12, 2010

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
        Looks great so far. The sculpt for the head is a great capture of Superman and Cap.
        Thank you! I made this sculpt last week and it's a great base for other characters as well.

I've altered it already to be:
        A generic cowled head
        Batman
        Dare Devil
        And my next creation, WildCat.

Comment

• harvestcrusader
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jul 10, 2015

COOOL...

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

Looks really nice so far! What medium are you sculpting in, just out of curiosity. Looks like it holds detail exceptionally well with a lack of pesky fingerprints...
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Legend of Link
              Career Member
              • Jun 12, 2010

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
              Looks really nice so far! What medium are you sculpting in, just out of curiosity. Looks like it holds detail exceptionally well with a lack of pesky fingerprints...
              Thank you! I suppose I should use the term "sculpted" loosely. I digitally sculpted this head on my iPad, did some tweaking on my MacBook, then off to our 3D printer she went. As you can tell, there is a severe difference in quality comparing the head and torso. The head was at the highest quality versus the medium quality torso that'll be covered.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎